Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
How can you ask a Rabbi a question anonymously?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Mon, Sep 23 2013, 9:39 pm
Is there a way to ask a Rabbi a question anonymously for something embarrassing- that should not have been done- that might be rectifiable to some degree?

Lady Godiva

Post Mon, Sep 23 2013, 9:42 pm
Email your Rabbi from an anonymous email account. I wouldn't trust the online "ask the Rabbi" type websites, since you don't know who's behind them.

purplenail

Post Mon, Sep 23 2013, 10:05 pm
Call a Bais horaah or call a Rav in another town

amother

Post Mon, Sep 23 2013, 10:05 pm
What if you want to call not email-- Are there any ask a rabbi hotlines with reliable rabbis?

Volunteer

Post Mon, Sep 23 2013, 10:38 pm
You might try askmoses.com, which I believe is chabad.

It really depends what your question is about. If it's really personal and specific to you, a rav might not even want to answer that type of question without knowing the asker's whole personal situation.

oliveoil

Post Mon, Sep 23 2013, 11:12 pm
http://www.chabad.org/askthera.....I.htm

(You get an answer from a real rabbi, with his name)

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Mon, Sep 23 2013, 11:17 pm
Rabbi Forst's kollel in Far Rockaway has a halachah hotline. I see it advertised in the Yated, and I have it taped to the inside of my cabinet at home- where I'll be shortly. If nobody else posts it; I can post the phone # when I get home. (Rabbi Forst is the author of many seforim and the SIL of Rav Mordechai Schwab)

syrima

Post Tue, Sep 24 2013, 10:30 am
if its nidah related, you can ask anonymously at www.yoatzot.org.

If its not, what I've done is the old, "my friend wanted to know about xyz..." LOL

And BTW don't think that rabbis haven't heard it all already. Rolling Eyes

amother

Post Tue, Sep 24 2013, 10:35 am
Ramat Eshkol Beis Hora'ah

English speaking for all Halacha Shailos.
Open Daily from 8:00-8:30 (Friday 8:15-8:45)
(Sun, Tue, Thur Rav Koenig; Mon, Wed, Fri Rav Dovid Potash).

The Beis Hora`ah is centrally located in the Bnei HaYeshivos Shul in Ramat Eshkol (entrance from the Ezras Noshim door around the back of the building). The Rabbonim also accept shailos by phone during these times on the Kav Halacha 02-569-5103. For dropoffs, more information and appointments dial ext 0 and leave a message.

`Kav Halacha Hotline` - Halacha Hotline for the English speaking community
02-569-5103
Rabbonim answer Shailos 24 Hours a day (from 2am-5:30am urgent shailos only)
Momenus (Choshen Mishpat/Ribbis) 2-3pm and 9-11pm at Ext. 3.
Sephardi Line, Sun-Tues 8:30-11pm and Fri 1pm until Shabbat at Ext 2.

Rabbonim from this area include: Rav Nochum Eisenstein, Rav Dovid Potash, Rav Avrohom Y. Elbaz, Rav Dovid Koenig, Rav Shlomo Perlstein, Rav Shmuel Weiner
For the complete schedule or to doante, email KavHalacha@gmail.com

amother

Post Tue, Sep 24 2013, 11:38 am
I have emailed annonomously and it worked out just fine. I created a new email address (so quick and easy) and emalied the rabbi.

im_a_ima

Post Tue, Sep 24 2013, 1:36 pm
Consider us the rabbi's :p
If its a halachic question maybe someone has had same situation .. We don't judge sista

Ruchel

Post Tue, Sep 24 2013, 1:48 pm
Find a rabbi you know (of) who has email, and do it.

Tapuzi

Post Tue, Sep 24 2013, 4:07 pm
Rabbi Forst's Halacha hotline mentioned above is 516-239-2500. Amazing resource.

mimimom

Post Tue, Sep 24 2013, 4:35 pm
Wouldn't work for me. I don't think my rabbi even knows what email is! (OK, slight exaggeration) Wink

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Sep 24 2013, 4:37 pm
I've called big poskim and asked a question without giving a name. it's definitely doable.

blondebubby

Post Tue, Sep 24 2013, 4:40 pm
Call Lincoln Square Synagogue 212-874-6100. Ask for the Rabbi. Totally reliable, he will not ask for your name and you can discuss your issue. You can leave an anonymous message and he will get back to you.

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Mar 16 2016, 11:02 pm
Any other Rov who hasnt been mentioned, who can be reached by phone (or next best by email) to ask a question about a specific parent/adult child issue?

Also, does R Forst answer questions about family issues, that arent neccessarily Halachic questions?

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Mar 17 2016, 10:35 am
BUMP

Any other Rov who hasnt been mentioned, who can be reached by phone (or next best by email) to ask a question about a specific parent/adult child issue?

Years ago I used to use Askmoses.com chat for these kinds of questions, but there doesnt seem to be anyone online lately.

Does R Forst answer questions about family issues, that arent necessarily Halachic questions?

mha3484

Post Thu, Mar 17 2016, 10:42 am
My Rabbi has open hours at the Chicago Rabbinical Counsel M-Th from 1-3pm. Yeshivish, Chafetz Chaim for background. The number is (773) 250-5492.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Mar 17 2016, 10:53 am
mha3484 wrote:
My Rabbi has open hours at the Chicago Rabbinical Counsel M-Th from 1-3pm. Yeshivish, Chafetz Chaim for background. The number is (773) 250-5492.

Great! Thanks!

Does he ask the name of the caller?

Does the question have to be Halachic or can it be general advice?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions