Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
Ice breaker idea/ activity for sem age students

frosting

Post Mon, Sep 30 2013, 1:27 pm
Anyone have an idea for an activity or game to do together that has some depth to it but won't get awkward?

mandr

Post Mon, Sep 30 2013, 2:09 pm
Decorating cupcakes/cookies?

Do the girls know each other already? If yes then you can do a personality-related game. I'll describe it if you want.

enneamom

Post Mon, Sep 30 2013, 2:12 pm
You could play various song intros and have them guess the song. It involves music, so it might lighten the atmosphere.

There's some sort of game where you put papers on the girls' foreheads and they have to ask questions and guess what their paper says...I don't recall exactly how it goes, maybe someone else does?

frosting

Post Mon, Sep 30 2013, 4:07 pm
mandr wrote:
Decorating cupcakes/cookies?

Do the girls know each other already? If yes then you can do a personality-related game. I'll describe it if you want.

oh, please do share madam

mandr

Post Mon, Sep 30 2013, 4:13 pm
You have a bunch of magazines, like Binah, Mishpacha, Ami, Zman, or whatever local stuff you've got. Enough so that each girl has one magazine section (or complete magazine if it only comes in one piece). Provide everyone with a scissor, tape, and a sheet of paper numbered 1-10. When we played it, we were told to bring along a scissor. Then you ask the first question, something like: What makes the person sitting to the right of you an interesting person? You also state a page number, such as 21. Now, everyone has to rifle through their magazine to page 21 and find a word or phrase that answers the question. They cut it out and tape it to the paper near #1. It's funny because by one person, she might be on a recipe page, by another person, it's a political news section. The funnier the answer, the better. Then afterwards, everyone reads their answers out loud and we vote on the best answer for each question.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics