Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Moving toddler to bed from crib

PinkandYellow

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 10:24 pm
my son will be 2 in the summer. it was recomended that this might be a good time to move him since the older he gets the more attached and harder it'll be. how do you do it? do you just one day put him in a bed instead of crib?
thanx.

su7kids

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 10:44 pm
When you're visiting your parents for Pesach, where will he sleep?

Maybe when you get back home, put him right into a toddler bed? (after Pesach?)

PinkandYellow

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 11:57 pm
su7kids wrote:
When you're visiting your parents for Pesach, where will he sleep?

Maybe when you get back home, put him right into a toddler bed? (after Pesach?)

20 months isn't too young for a toddler bed?

su7kids

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 8:32 am
It depends on the child. I think if he's climbing out of his crib, then its time to move him over.

Its your choice.

withhumor

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 8:44 am
My daughter is giving us a hard time! She takes about an hour to fall asleep, and only if I sit with her the whole time! I don’t know if its worth it. I did it for 3 days and then gave up

MyKidsRQte

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 8:21 pm
My daughter at the age of 13mnths got scared of her crib, so she slept in my bed for a few months till I finally said if you could sleep in my bed, then maybe you should sleep in your own bed. I bought her a guard rail ans she is sleeping in her own bed since she is 17 mnths, B"H

Yosefa

Post Thu, Mar 22 2007, 5:38 pm
I just moved my daughter (22m) to a toddler bed. It's a fun firetruck with sides. I built it while she was staying at Bubbe's house and the next day for her nap I asked if she wanted to sleep in the firetruck or her crib, she pointed to the truck and has been sleeping in it since. Her naps got shorter, though. Also, I used the same sheet, pillow, and blanket, and "lamby" so I think that helped. I doubt he'll get attached to the crib anytime soon. If you ever let him cry himslef to sleep, I would stick to the crib. Now my daughter starts banging on the door after she wakes up. She used to be happy talking to her lamby for at least 15 mins. I could brush my teeth, etc. before getting her. Now I can't. (I wanted her to get used to the bed so her brother could use the crib in a month or two.)

CAYA

Post Tue, May 01 2007, 9:19 am
my 18 months old is still in a porter crib and I hope to change him to a big size crib, and not to a bed, you can sleep in a crib till age three for sure!

Emuna

Post Tue, May 01 2007, 9:34 am
20 months is not too young. We put ours in beds at 15 months and it actually seems to work. Our oldest still wakes up so my husband crawls into bed with her for a while. The middle one get out of bed and runs into our room. My husband picks him up and puts him back in bed. I'm still in bed with the baby, but he's 13 months and already doing half the night on a floor mattress. Hope this helps!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics