Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Crystal light has food coloring!
Previous  1  2

SplitPea

Post Tue, Oct 01 2013, 11:14 pm
I would almost be more worries about the artificial sugars than food coloring. But if you are looking for a drink substitute tealy powdered teas are 6.99 for a big tub of it and has real sugar and no food coloring. Do it 1/2 and then 1/4 strength. It adds a little flavor to your water but gets the extra **** out Smile

mandksima

Post Wed, Oct 02 2013, 1:37 am
My kids love sugary drinks but I hardly ever have them in the house unless we have a party. For Shabbat only, I make one bottle apple juice with concentrate so I can control how sweet it is. For myself, I make decaf or herbal tea with added lemon sometimes and I sweeten with some raw honey and/or stevia. Guess what the kids beg for? They always want mine over the apple juice! For weekday though, they are only allowed water! To get your kids to drink this way, you have to also! I would also be worried about the sugar or fake sugar more than the coloring. Very little processed food is actually healthy so if you are concerned, go back to the basics and forget about super sweet drinks. Also if the tea is caffienated and you drink that all day, there can be serious problems with that like dehydration and caffeine addiction.

motherhen

Post Mon, Oct 07 2013, 8:50 pm
cool thanks!

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Oct 08 2013, 1:33 am
Like marion asked, I would also be curious to know, why cant you drink water? I find that when the water is cold, sometimes even frozen, it is the most refreshing drink out there.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics