Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
What type of bunk bed do you have?

precious

Post Tue, Oct 01 2013, 9:31 pm
I am going nuts from all the different options - solid headboard or slats, attached ladder or sticking out, height (room to sit on bottom bed), solid wood or pine, etc.
What brand do you have? How do Lea, NE kids, Orbelle, Newport, Atlantic, etc. compare?
How well has it stood up over time?
Which features do you find important?

please - the more input the better! thanks!!!

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Oct 01 2013, 9:45 pm
well, first you need to know how much of the room you want it to take up. that would make a difference in terms of ladders and height. remember to leave enough wiggle room between the top bunk and the ceiling.

metal ladder rungs are uncomfortable for bare feet, especially in cold weather. keep in mind that you might have to climb the ladder yourself in order to drag a reluctant child out of bed in the morning. a removable bedrail might help with that too. as a glasses wearer, I found the slatted headboard best. I wrapped my glasses around a slat at night for years, never lost them. also, solid headboard/footboard makes the bottom bunk very dark. if a kid is sick and wants to read in bed during the day, it's going to be uncomfortable.

I like the option to separate it into two regular beds. if you're planning on spending, I advise you do that. when the kids grow up and get married, you'll have two beds available when they come visit. (my old bunkbed was converted into two beds for us when we got married.)

as far as brands, I don't know. I currently have my old wood bunkbed for my own kids, but it isn't labeled. we had to build a new ladder, but the beds themselves are in great condition.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Oct 01 2013, 10:13 pm
We have this, in antique white, 33".
http://www.orbelle.com/product.....=Bunk Beds&item=BB480W
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries