Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Brooklyn K-8 yeshivas

amother

Post Tue, Oct 08 2013, 10:14 am
Some background: we are probably closest to Veretzky type. Husband comes from a chassidish background but now is more flatbushy (where we live). I went to BY schools from a Heimish home.

We are looking for a warm school for our ds. A place that will be ok with the fact that he is VERY active Very Happy and will channel that, rather than punish as well as his attention. He is k'ah VERY bright.

I am nervous about the process and willing to send to a yeshiva "not our type" for the best place for him. Ideally he would learn some yiddish, but a better schooling experience is more important.

Where should I apply?

Ideas I've had are:

Veretzky

Ruach Chaim

Torah Vodaas

Chofetz Chaim (which I hear great things about but HUGE class sizes, which make me nervous)

Kaminetz

Any others I should consider?

amother

Post Tue, Oct 08 2013, 7:39 pm
bump

amother

Post Wed, Oct 09 2013, 2:50 pm
From what I know Ruach Chaim and Veretzky sound most like what you want for an active smart child from a heimish chassidsh background yeshivish Flatbush crowd.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 09 2013, 7:37 pm
amother wrote:
From what I know Ruach Chaim and Veretzky sound most like what you want for an active smart child from a heimish chassidsh background yeshivish Flatbush crowd.

That's what I thought too. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't leaving anything out LOL

myfriends715

Post Wed, Oct 09 2013, 10:53 pm
Mir is known fpr being ok w very active kids
That being said my ds is in chofetz chaim and though the classes are big I do feel he is getting the individual care he needs.

Feel free to pm me

amother

Post Wed, Oct 09 2013, 11:59 pm
yeshiva bnei torah

amother

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 11:53 am
amother wrote:
yeshiva bnei torah

I heard it's great but it's very new and I would be nervous to not send to a stable, settled place. I can't risk having to switch him in middle

amother

Post Sun, Oct 20 2013, 9:15 pm
A friend of mine put her son in ruach chaim and she likes it so far, and she said they have a good parent-teacher communication, like she wanted her son to switch classes and they did it, etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics