Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
SCD chulent

HealthCoach

Post Wed, Oct 09 2013, 10:48 am
Does anyone have a recipe? Thanks!

ra_mom

Post Wed, Oct 09 2013, 9:05 pm
lentils, kidney beans, navy beans, carrot chunks, diced onion, crushed garlic, coarse salt, water. peel and cut off the neck of a large butternut squash (shaped like kishke roll) and put that on top along with a chunk of chuck meat.

Last edited by ra_mom on Wed, Oct 09 2013, 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Oct 09 2013, 9:07 pm
ra_mom wrote:
lentils, kidney beans, navy beans, carrot chunks, diced onion, crushed garlic, coarse salt, water. peel and cut off the neck of a large butternut squash (shaped like kishke) and put that on top along with a chunk of chuck meat.

kidney beans are not legal on the scd iirc. check it up before using. also, keep in mind that lentils and navy beans should not be eaten until you are symptom free.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Oct 09 2013, 9:11 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
ra_mom wrote:
lentils, kidney beans, navy beans, carrot chunks, diced onion, crushed garlic, coarse salt, water. peel and cut off the neck of a large butternut squash (shaped like kishke) and put that on top along with a chunk of chuck meat.

kidney beans are not legal on the scd iirc. check it up before using. also, keep in mind that lentils and navy beans should not be eaten until you are symptom free.
They are. I have made the above.
http://www.breakingtheviciousc.....ng/K/
And of course, you need to soak the beans for 15 hours per book instructions, and begin to use them once symptom free per book instructions. But this is the way I make it SCD.

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Oct 09 2013, 9:34 pm
ra_mom wrote:
mummiedearest wrote:
ra_mom wrote:

They are. I have made the above.
http://www.breakingtheviciousc.....ng/K/
And of course, you need to soak the beans for 15 hours per book instructions, and begin to use them once symptom free per book instructions. But this is the way I make it SCD.

okey dokey, then. Smile

HealthCoach

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 10:17 am
Thanks everyone! I will store these recipes, and be"h I cannot wait to try them. I am at the very beginning of the diet now and cannot have beans. If anyone has recipes without beans that would be great.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 28 2013, 12:45 am
If you need to make a cholent without beans, how about a beef goulash with beef chunks and cubes of kabocha squash and carrots? Add onion, garlic, tomatoes, splash of red wine vinegar, herbs, salt and pepper...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking