Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
What do I wear??

amother

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 10:00 am
My brother is getting married about 2 weeks after I give birth. I need to start looking for a gown but what do I wear? I don't want to wear maternity but I have no idea what will fit me and I want to look good! Anyone went through this? Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

DrMom

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 10:03 am
2 weeks postpartum you will probably still need maternity or something at least larger than your pre-pregnancy size.

And if you are nursing, your chest will be larger, so take that into account.

Barbara

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 10:06 am
amother wrote:
My brother is getting married about 2 weeks after I give birth. I need to start looking for a gown but what do I wear? I don't want to wear maternity but I have no idea what will fit me and I want to look good! Anyone went through this? Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

NB: I DO NOT THINK THAT THIS DRESS CAN BE MADE TZNIUT. Well, maybe with a shrug. But its an example of what you can look for -- fitted in the bust, with a very flowy and forgiving below the bust.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/do.....=1963

Or this, but I hate the color

http://www.milkandbaby.com/Wra......html

amother

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 10:11 am
Thanks for the suggestions. Im also overweight so I really dont know what to do Sad

sara53

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 10:34 am
Barbara, you always have such lovely links, and exquisite tastes

If you get tired of law, you can be a fashion consultant Smile

bubbebia

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 11:26 am
My DD#1 was 3 weeks postpartum for DD#2's wedding. We found a gemach that had maternity wear for simchas. We found an outfit that was adjustable in the waist that was able to accommodate her shrinking form. We got it when she was about 8 mos pregnant and it worked beautifully. This gemach was in Passaic. I don't know where you live, but maybe you can find a gemach somewhere near where you live that might have such things.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 1:03 pm
bubbebia wrote:
My DD#1 was 3 weeks postpartum for DD#2's wedding. We found a gemach that had maternity wear for simchas. We found an outfit that was adjustable in the waist that was able to accommodate her shrinking form. We got it when she was about 8 mos pregnant and it worked beautifully. This gemach was in Passaic. I don't know where you live, but maybe you can find a gemach somewhere near where you live that might have such things.

Thanks. Im in brooklyn. I was thinking of doing that but id rather not wear maternity at all.

shabri

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 1:11 pm
My sister was 2 weeks pp at my wedding. She got a long ball gown skirt and wrap style top. I know a 2 piece was good for her to nurse and the wrap style hid what she wanted hidden. She is naturally skinny though so I'm not sure if it would work with your shape.

Barbara

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 1:17 pm
sara53 wrote:
Barbara, you always have such lovely links, and exquisite tastes

If you get tired of law, you can be a fashion consultant Smile

embarrassed thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics