Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
The west wing

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Oct 16 2013, 7:51 am
Did anyone watch this series when it was on tv? I watched it maybe 5 years ago, on DVD and now I am watching it again on the internet.
I find it very interesting (and I am completely not the type of person to care about politics and the government, but I found it very interesting)

Anyone?

pesek zman

Post Wed, Oct 16 2013, 8:26 am
Yes. Huge fan. Watched it in real time when it first aired and now own the dvd to rewatch whenever I want. My husband (who's not American) got into it when he moved to the US and loves it too. It definitely got me into politics, how things work behind the scenes. Love it.

chocolate chips

Post Wed, Oct 16 2013, 11:09 am
yes!!!! LOVE IT!!!
Its a family show lol.
My grandfather watched it on TV while it was playing and then bought the full box set and used to watch it whilst polishing his shoes.
Eventually my parents started borrowing the dvds from him until they bought their own box set which is when I started watching too.
When I got married dh and I used to watch when we were at my parents until it came onto netflix.
I have probably watched it about twice over by now and we constantly quote it.
Although I have no idea about american politics and the subject usually overwhelms me, I learnt a lot from it and watched the rest in blind innocence Smile

bubbebia

Post Wed, Oct 16 2013, 11:42 am
I think it was one of the best TV shows ever! My entire family is obsessed with it. Still.

bamamama

Post Wed, Oct 16 2013, 12:03 pm
I *loved* West Wing!!!!

cinnamon

Post Wed, Oct 16 2013, 1:28 pm
I LOVED it. Tried to get dh to watch it for years and now he finally got addicted to it to Smile

amother

Post Sun, Nov 17 2013, 10:56 pm
Anyone know of a way to watch this series online for free?

etky

Post Mon, Nov 18 2013, 12:57 am
DH loved it. For me, while it definitely held my interest on the few occasions I watched, the dialogue was too pithy and fast-paced and the action overly frenetic. I would get stressed watching it. Years ago (back in the pre-historic eighties I think) there was an excellent mini-series based on the Jefferey Archer book "First among Equals" about the British political system. That was more my speed.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Nov 18 2013, 3:24 pm
amother wrote:
Anyone know of a way to watch this series online for free?
vodly.to
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics