Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
The Voice

amother

Post Sat, Oct 19 2013, 9:20 pm
What kind of show is it? I found American Idol to be dumb and cheesy, but I love music and Reality. Is it the same or more 'mature'?
Thx!

bubbebia

Post Sat, Oct 19 2013, 9:29 pm
Much better than American Idol. We used to love it when it first started but then became tedious. American Idol only had much younger contestants. The Voice has contestants of all ages (they've had 16 year olds and 50-something year olds) with many different styles of vocals. The first shows of a "season" are blind auditions. The coaches (they are mentors, not critics) have no idea what a vocalist looks like until they push a button when they decide they would like to have an artist on their "team". Each coach can choose 4 vocalists and mentors them through a series of challenges. We like it so much more.

Mama Bear

Post Sat, Oct 19 2013, 9:29 pm
as I undersatnd it, it's more nuanced; the judges each pick a few contestants to take under their wing & mentor, so it becomes kind of a competition between the judges too to get their contestants to win.

amother

Post Sat, Oct 19 2013, 9:32 pm
Where are they holding now? Can I catch up? How long is the season?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics