Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
If you're happy with your mixer

kb

Post Mon, Oct 21 2013, 11:26 pm
What type do you have?

I use my mixer for cakes. cookies, and challah (2.5 pounds, not 5 pounds). If you have the same needs, what do you use/recommend?

TIA!

September June

Post Tue, Oct 22 2013, 12:21 am
Kitchenaid

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Oct 22 2013, 12:21 am
I am ok with my Kitchen Aid, using it for bread, with the dough hook, on the lowest setting for perhaps five minutes. With 1200 grams of flour. If I smell hot metal, I let it rest a moment. It seems happy.

nylon

Post Tue, Oct 22 2013, 8:50 am
6 quart kitchenaid. Don't get the 5.

I do 1.2 kg of flour every week in it. I would recommend a Bosch or Magic Mill for 5 lbs of flour, but prefer the KA for cakes, cookies, and whipped mixtures.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Tue, Oct 22 2013, 11:04 am
I've never used a KA, but I had a Magic Mill and recently sold it and got a Bosch. Much easier to use; a MM has to be babysat while kneading dough.

Jughead

Post Tue, Oct 22 2013, 11:37 am
love my Bosch. I use it for e/t - cakes, cookies, dessert whip, you name it. And of course, challah
texture of my cakes is better with the Bosch than with my KA

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Oct 22 2013, 11:40 am
I like my Kitchen Aid. I knead by hand. I've been making Rebbetzin Kanievsky's challah as per the bio and it's really good, if I may say so myself. (I proof the yeast, add the rest of the ingredients, once lightly combined pour into the flour and get to work.)

Post Tue, Oct 22 2013, 12:34 pm
Tranquility you made me laugh about the mm needing to be babysat!!! That is a GREAT Word!

My challos come out great bh, but it's nuts that I have to cajole it and help it along and make sure the dough doesn't extend it's borders Smile.

I only had a magic mill for 15 years. but I think I will try the Bosch for the future.

The Magic Mill does not have a cover and the flour or batter tends to shpritz out if you're making a large recipe. it's really annoying to say the least. The Bosch comes with a cover.

Another point is that when you need to make a snow for a large cake with a magic mill u have to transfer the snow to the larger bowl, with a bosch you can just do it all in one bowl.

kb

Post Tue, Oct 22 2013, 1:13 pm
(Oh, did I write the part that I don't want to pay $500, and I also don't think I need a Bosch. I'm not making 5 pounds of challah regardless.)

Dolly, what size KA do you have?

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Oct 22 2013, 1:25 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
I've never used a KA, but I had a Magic Mill and recently sold it and got a Bosch. Much easier to use; a MM has to be babysat while kneading dough.

I find that my Bosch needs to be babysat too -- at least while making challah from 5 lb. of 100% whole wheat flour.

phillymom

Post Tue, Oct 22 2013, 2:06 pm
I only have a bosch. I got the two bowls; the smaller white one for cakes...and the big stainless steel one for my 5lb. of challah.
I absolutely love it!
I also have a hand mixer for the really easy cake mixes.

Smile1234

Post Tue, Oct 22 2013, 5:20 pm
Morphy Richards Wink

L K

Post Sun, Jun 01 2014, 2:29 am
To Bosch ladies: specifically, what machines do you use? Any particular models or features or accessories?

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Jun 01 2014, 2:33 am
Bosch universal. Love the scraper thingy

Snowdrop

Post Sun, Jun 01 2014, 2:52 am
I have had my Bosch for a few years now, (ka"h!) and love it. However, I only have the metal bowl and use it for e/t. How bad is that? I thought it seemed okay, till s/o mentioned otherwise.
Also, I used to use it to need challah- a large amount of dough- and found that the machine appeared to be overheating. Is that possible? Then some dough got stuck in the dough-hook, an dried, and I couldn't detach it for months. That was the last straw, and now I hand-knead challah. Confused

Rhom

Post Sun, Jun 01 2014, 5:15 am
I have used both a kitchen aid and Bosch and kitchen aid is by far the better mixer... The Bosch beaters never seem to be able to reach the whole bowl... The only advantage of the Bosch is that you can make enough challah dough at once for the Bracha

Iymnok

Post Sun, Jun 01 2014, 5:54 am
Bosch MUM5!!!
It does everything except the dishes. I can do easily 6 cups of flour. Anything bigger I do by hand. It came with a blender, citrus juicer, shredder/slicer, and the regular mixer attachments.

Besides being small and cute. It lives on my counter

tweety1

Post Sun, Jun 01 2014, 8:36 am
Love my bosch. I use 2 at once. I have newer version and older. I love both
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars