Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Convertible carseat

amother

Post Wed, Oct 30 2013, 11:07 am
I am looking to buy a convertible car seat for my 10 month old. She is outgrowing the infant seat and I want one that reclines. For my son, 2 years old, I have the evenflo triumph 65. It is great for him, although he is short and it is really big. I like the cars seat but want one a bit smaller for my daughter so it is easier to move from car to car if I need to. Any ideas?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Oct 30 2013, 6:33 pm
Are you installing via LATCH or car's seatbelt?
What is your budget?
How long will you be keeping your child rearfacing?
You want something narrower or lighterweight?

chani4

Post Wed, Oct 30 2013, 6:40 pm
Best one is chicco nextfit. Has 8 reclining levels

m+m

Post Wed, Oct 30 2013, 6:48 pm
chani4 wrote:

Yup, I agree! DD is very happy in this car seat. I tried Peg Prego and she was very unhappy because it barely reclined. This one is comfy and safe.

seeker

Post Wed, Oct 30 2013, 7:30 pm
Esti's Mom wrote:
chani4 wrote:

Yup, I agree! DD is very happy in this car seat. I tried Peg Prego and she was very unhappy because it barely reclined. This one is comfy and safe.

Interesting because most seats by standard recline at least 45 degrees because that is recommended for infants, and for anyone beyond an infant I personally have found 45 deg recline is plenty as they usually prefer being more upright - I have my convertible tilted slightly more upright than recommended. Which Peg Perego did you have?

cs1

Post Wed, Oct 30 2013, 9:19 pm
I just got the diono radian and am very happy with it.
I found it at overstock.com for $179 (with a 20% coupon) so thats a great deal.

what I like most about it, is that its skinnier (on the outside) than most carseats and you can fit 3 of them in the back seat. However, the inside is plush, comfortable and has a lot of space for my 14 month old.

I got an angle adjuster for $11 and put it under the carseat so that way it doesnt hit the front seat.

seeker

Post Wed, Oct 30 2013, 9:26 pm
Wow that is an amazing price on the Radian! It's very popular but I didn't even consider it because it is almost always well over my target budget.

busydev

Post Wed, Oct 30 2013, 9:31 pm
I also have a radian and we are really happy with it. its great for fitting 3 carseats in one bench since its really narrow. its also tall and has high weight and height limits and goes all the way to booster stage. def need the angle adjuster for rear facing tho.

however it is NOT lightweight and I think that was one of op's requirements. its "insides" are made with metal not plastic-they say it's safer but who knows-thats not why I bought it. it does fold up tho (the seat part folds into the back rest).

gotta say the chicco convertable looks pretty cool tho from ads I have seen for it.

The Happy Wife

Post Thu, Oct 31 2013, 4:55 am
I am happy with my diono radian. Got it from albeebaby.com for under 200. It does take up a lot of space front to back, though.

The chicco nextfit does look great, but I have not seen it up close yet.

seeker

Post Thu, Oct 31 2013, 7:20 am
I don't know about the next fit but I do love the key fit so I guess chicco knows how to make car seats.
Graco my size/size4me is very popular.

amother

Post Fri, Nov 01 2013, 12:11 pm
op here. I checked out the Diono radian- bu it was a bit above budget, although I like that its smaller and can be folded. I want something that is not as big as the evenflo but also comfy when forward and back facing.

cs1

Post Fri, Nov 01 2013, 2:06 pm
The Happy Wife wrote:
I am happy with my diono radian. Got it from albeebaby.com for under 200. It does take up a lot of space front to back, though.

so buy an angle adjuster for $11, this frees up a lot of space and allows me to be able to push my seat all the way back.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics