Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Garbage pails

dr pepper

Post Mon, Mar 19 2007, 3:05 pm
what kind do you havein your kitchen?

we have a beige plastic one that is missing the top. dh picked it up for $7.99 at home depot nearly 4 years ago. I dread scrubbing it out for pesach. it's so nasty and never seems to look clean no matter what. seems like now is just as good as any to get a new one. I just need some inspiration as to what type.

su7kids

Post Mon, Mar 19 2007, 3:12 pm
I have an outdoor garbage can in my kitchen. Its a 33 gallon. I got it when my kids were small and used to take food out of the garbage can!! Now we don't have to go out to the trash that often anymore.

I take it outside and put bleach in the bottom and some WATER and let it sit for a while. That makes any shmutz cleanER and the chometz is rendered YUK enough for a dog! [can't remember the phrase!]

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Mar 20 2007, 4:58 pm
dr pepper, do you want a new one and then you can store it?

greenfire

Post Tue, Mar 20 2007, 6:30 pm
believe it or not - I have a little yellow garbage can that imitates an outdoor metal one - I have had it for over 20 years and everybody hates it but ME and I refuse to give it up!!!

withhumor

Post Tue, Mar 20 2007, 6:33 pm
Don’t you hate it when people have in their fancy new kitchens a garbage bin somewhere stowed in a cabinet, and you’re supposed to figure out which ‘drawer’ it’s in… just follow the smell!

I once found a nice 30 gallon one, stainless steel, a work of art. No wonder I liked it, made in Germany! So I left it there.

Maybe I should look into one that looks like a zebra, so that people will think the smell is coming from the animal!

greenfire

Post Tue, Mar 20 2007, 6:36 pm
withhumor wrote:

Maybe I should look into one that looks like a zebra, so that people will think the smell is coming from the animal!

withhumor really stop saying such funny things I think I peed in my pants from laughing ... will the garbage have a tail... Nervous

withhumor

Post Tue, Mar 20 2007, 6:37 pm
yes, you have to pull it so that it opens. it also works with those ultra-high decibel whistles... what are they called? dog whistles or something?

greenfire

Post Tue, Mar 20 2007, 6:42 pm
um I know what you're talking about ... but I can't think of it either ... high frequency...

dr pepper

Post Tue, Mar 20 2007, 11:30 pm
I would love to store my garbage pail in cabinet. that would keep my kids out of it. but my kitchen isn't built that way.

do you think after years of keeping a garbage pail in a cupboard, it retains a permanent stink?

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 10:50 am
the cupboard or the pail?

dr pepper

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 11:59 am
the cupboard.

oh yeah another question, no matter how much I clean my pail is still seems to smell. you think the metal ones retain less odor?

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 2:22 pm
I think the metal ones are not worth the money - an arm and a leg - they are so narrow and annoying if they have that liner thing ... my sis and my mother have one and I hate it!!! I do not wish to fight with the garbage can that is what I have teens for ...

amother

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 2:31 pm
[quote="withhumor"]Don’t you hate it when people have in their fancy new kitchens a garbage bin somewhere stowed in a cabinet, and you’re supposed to figure out which ‘drawer’ it’s in… just follow the smell! ......./quote]

I keep my garbage in the cabinet in my "not so" fancy new kitchen. (Do you think all new kitchens are fancy Rolling Eyes ???) Who's supposed to figure out which drawer it is? You? Well, I have news for u! I made it for the convenience of me and my family! And, no, it does not smell. The cabinet and the garbage gets cleaned and washed every week and the garbage taken taken out every night.

lotte

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 2:34 pm
Believe it or not..
It takes me 10 minutes to find shoes I love but took me 2 years to find the garbage can I LOVE!
I finally found it on the way to Monsey & paid $100 for it.
I am in love with it.
It's made out of metal and has beautiful flowers on it.If I would have known how to copy & paste photos I would of shared the "nachas" w/u... Drunken Smile

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 2:36 pm
Ten - $100 for garbage - and you could have spent it on me ... but the garbage ... oy

chen

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 11:27 pm
A plastic Rubbermaid one. We keep a plastic bag as a liner and smaller bags for the trash, so if the inner bag leaks the outer bag catches it. I wash it using the handheld shower attachment in the bathtub and scrub it with soap and a plastic nail brush if necessary. No big deal. It's more unpleasant to clean up the detritus that collects in the bathtub drain.

withhumor

Post Thu, Mar 22 2007, 10:25 pm
When I was pregnant, I used to throw up if I was a few feet away from the garbage can. So I read somewhere that you can put half a lemon on the bottom of the pail, and guess what, it worked! (under the bag..) Sometimes I was so nauseous, I’d ask dh to spill some lemon juice in it… then, years later I got smarter. I lived in an attic and I had a little gate on the kitchen window, so I simply kept the can outside!

ny21

Post Fri, Mar 23 2007, 1:09 am
I had a Motion detector garbage can, that when you put your hand
near the garbage can ,it ......presto opened by itself.
it was a problem on shabbos and on every time we walked past it .
we sent it to my family in Israel .and my four year old niece loves it.

if u need one costco might sell it.

su7kids

Post Fri, Mar 23 2007, 2:44 am
dr pepper wrote:
the cupboard.

oh yeah another question, no matter how much I clean my pail is still seems to smell. you think the metal ones retain less odor?

Don't know, but I did hear a tip about putting recycled fabric softener fabric in the bottom of your garbage can, befor eyou put the bag in. (If you like the smell of the fabric softener).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics