Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Winter squash?

elisheva25

Post Mon, Nov 04 2013, 9:43 pm
What do I do with winter squash? Need recipe ideas.

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Nov 04 2013, 9:54 pm
What type of winter squash?

Some simple ideas:

Butternut squash: Peel squash, cut off ends, cut in half lengthwise, and scoop out seeds. Cut into wedges and lay them flat on a baking sheet. Spray with PAM and season to your liking (salt and pepper, or cinnamon, etc.). Roast until tender.

Spaghetti squash: Wash, poke a couple of holes in it, and wrap it in foil. Place in pan (in case of leakage) and roast for a couple of hours, until you can easily push in the side. Remove from oven and let cool until you can easily touch it. Cut squash in half and scoop out seeds. Scoop out squash from inside the shell and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.

Check out this thread for a couple of more interesting recipes: http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....ight=

spring13

Post Tue, Nov 05 2013, 12:14 am
Butternut and acorn make delicious soups and kugels/souffles. I like spaghetti squash with pesto (or just some basil and garlic).

BabsB

Post Tue, Nov 05 2013, 12:22 am
I like to do my spaghetti squash with butter, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Just the way my mama did. Smile
As for butternut, acorn, etc, most Asian recipes that require chicken (or tofu) can be substituted with squash. It makes it totally different yet equally delish.

coconutbutter

Post Tue, Nov 05 2013, 1:04 am
LOVE!
Some things I've made are with Butternut squash:
fries
Soup
Roasted w/ other veggies
Muffins
Cookies
mash
see:
http://www.cookinglight.com/fo.....5219/
for more.
Let us know what you make in the end
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking