Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Is this Blog Fake?

robynm

Post Tue, Nov 05 2013, 3:17 pm
http://frumgaygirl.blogspot.ca.....l?m=1

Sounds like a guy to me.....

flmommy

Post Tue, Nov 05 2013, 3:41 pm
Hmm. I dont know. How did you stumble upon the blog?

vintagebknyc

Post Tue, Nov 05 2013, 3:47 pm
why would you think it wasn't real?

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Nov 05 2013, 3:49 pm
This sounds very similar to the israeli movie "the secret".

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Nov 05 2013, 4:26 pm
Who knows?

Really, though... Not everything is blog worthy.

mille

Post Tue, Nov 05 2013, 5:09 pm
The woman who runs the blog is very much real and very much not a dude. Most of the posts are written by different people from different perspectives within the LGBT Orthodox world. I highly doubt that this post was written buy a guy.

ectomorph

Post Tue, Nov 05 2013, 5:18 pm
I think it's fake.
Creative, but fake.

And I second whoever said it might be a man.

Maya

Post Tue, Nov 05 2013, 5:35 pm
This is a quote from the blog:

Quote:
I knew I liked spending time with my best friend, a woman, far more than I enjoyed spending time with my husband. It's not that he's not a good guy. He's nice. But, you know how it is when you are with a friend, someone you are really comfortable with, and the words just flow, and you feel so at ease and that's how it is with me and other women. But not with men. I'm just not interested in their company. So, when I figured that out, it was a hallelu-kah moment! And not in a good way, if you know what I mean.

I saw this discussed somewhere, and a poster claimed that the above is proof of how naive this woman is. Being gay is not about whose company you enjoy, it's about who you are attracted to s-xually. Being better friends with a woman than with your husband or having an easier time making conversation with your girlfriend than your husband is not an indicator of s-xual orientation.

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Nov 05 2013, 5:40 pm
Maya wrote:
This is a quote from the blog:

Quote:
I knew I liked spending time with my best friend, a woman, far more than I enjoyed spending time with my husband. It's not that he's not a good guy. He's nice. But, you know how it is when you are with a friend, someone you are really comfortable with, and the words just flow, and you feel so at ease and that's how it is with me and other women. But not with men. I'm just not interested in their company. So, when I figured that out, it was a hallelu-kah moment! And not in a good way, if you know what I mean.

I saw this discussed somewhere, and a poster claimed that the above is proof of how naive this woman is. Being gay is not about whose company you enjoy, it's about who you are attracted to s-xually. Being better friends with a woman than with your husband or having an easier time making conversation with your girlfriend than your husband is not an indicator of s-xual orientation.

Agreed. I think that woman is confused, but not necessarily gay. Perhaps she isn't married to someone whom she is compatible with. Perhaps in her community fantasizing about men is so taboo that she never actually let herself think about other men in that way. Perhaps marital relationships are more business like, and there is an overall lack in her relationship that contributes to poor s-xual attraction. Who knows what it is... But nothing she wrote sounds particularly lesbian.

Maya

Post Tue, Nov 05 2013, 5:52 pm
Now I'm remember where I saw this. It was here, on a thread about being bothered by a gay mikvah attendant. I don't want it to seem like I plagiarized and give credit where it is due. Here's the link, and Barbara was the first to mention it:

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....28095

imasoftov

Post Tue, Nov 05 2013, 7:49 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
Who knows?

Really, though... Not everything is blog worthy.

If you have your own blog, you get to decide what's worthy to appear there. If not, you only get to decide what's worthy of being read by you - until they start forcing people to read blogs.

Last edited by imasoftov on Wed, May 31 2017, 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Nov 05 2013, 9:18 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
This sounds very similar to the israeli movie "the secret".

Loved that movie

robynm

Post Wed, Nov 06 2013, 9:30 am
I also think it's a man. I have spoken to a lot of bloggers and read a lot of blogs. This one appears to be very two-dimensional and unemotional.

GreenEyes26

Post Wed, Nov 06 2013, 9:57 am
This is totally fake. I know there are lesbian orthodox Jews, but they aren't writing on this blog.

imasoftov

Post Wed, Nov 06 2013, 10:34 am
GreenEyes26 wrote:
This is totally fake. I know there are lesbian orthodox Jews, but they aren't writing on this blog.

How do you know?

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Nov 06 2013, 11:41 am
GreenEyes26 wrote:
And how pray tell do you know that they are not writing about it? Maybe it is theraputic to them.

robynm

Post Wed, Nov 06 2013, 12:18 pm
ECo2K7je3c

Goldie1964

Post Thu, Nov 07 2013, 2:17 am
"This is totally fake. I know there are lesbian orthodox Jews, but they aren't writing on this blog."

If you know that there are lesbian Orthodox Jews, then you also should know that some of them, well-known women, have been interviewed on that blog. You should also know that some women, women in the closet in their communities, were interviewed there too. And there are other women who declined being interviewed. But each woman, if she wants to, may be interviewed, as may supporters and allies.

There's a contact email right on the website, so if people wanted to write to the person who manages the blog, they could.

hiddenjews@gmail.com

Goldie1964

Post Sun, Dec 01 2013, 12:54 pm
Here are words from a chassidic Rav about the way we should be treating frum gay Jews.

http://frumgaygirl.blogspot.co......html
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media