Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
I Told My Kids I Ate All Their Halloween CANDY

rainbow dash

Post Tue, Nov 05 2013, 3:44 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK-oQfFToVg

greenfire

Post Tue, Nov 05 2013, 4:01 pm
I saw last years ... but jimmy kimmel told people to take videos and send them in ... and better yet if you did it last year too - try it again to see if you can fool the same kid twice or if they were smarter than the average bear and hid the candy from their thieving parents

it's sadly FUNny

dee's mommy

Post Tue, Nov 05 2013, 5:57 pm
I could only watch about a minute of this (and that included the introduction, so I only saw the first two kids.)

I know this is supposed to funny, but it's not.

First of all, that is a very cruel thing to do to children. Second, I fail to see how making children whine, cry and throw tantrums is funny. I was appalled by the reaction of one of the children. Granted the children were very young, and it is a cruel thing to say to children, but that second child was just so chuzpahdik. (It wasn't just whining and crying in that case.)

Am I the only one who viewed the (two or three children that I could bring myself to watch) as very spoiled? Perhaps I am being harsh, but that was one of my first reactions.

Cookie Monster

Post Tue, Nov 05 2013, 6:16 pm
Jimmy Kimmel had some Youtube challenges geared towards adults. For example; Unplug the TV during the Superbowl and tape your friends reaction. Watch the way some of the adults react on those and then tell me if you are still surprised at the kids.

dee's mommy

Post Tue, Nov 05 2013, 7:15 pm
I don't doubt it, Cookie Monster. That is probably part of my point.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 05 2013, 7:19 pm
The psychology student in me finds it fascinating to see what a clear window children are to see what the parents are like behind closed doors when things don't go their way. Out of the mouths of babes you clearly see some phrases they are repeating from the adults around them.

chocolate chips

Post Wed, Nov 06 2013, 1:13 pm
Cookie Monster wrote:
Jimmy Kimmel had some Youtube challenges geared towards adults. For example; Unplug the TV during the Superbowl and tape your friends reaction. Watch the way some of the adults react on those and then tell me if you are still surprised at the kids.

Yes!
There was one I remember seeing I think it was a super bowl one they had to tell their friend the TV was broken and this girl was sobbing and yelling like a baby!!!

Rivky

Post Wed, Nov 06 2013, 2:16 pm
I thought it was downright mean Rolling Eyes

EmesOrNT

Post Wed, Nov 06 2013, 2:18 pm
I thought it was hilarious.

Dees Mommy - watch it to the end if you were upset with the chutzpah.

Barbara

Post Wed, Nov 06 2013, 2:33 pm
EmesOrNT wrote:

I find it hysterical. But my favorite was the little girl who was sobbing inconsolably while saying "its okay."

EmesOrNT

Post Wed, Nov 06 2013, 2:35 pm
Barbara wrote:
EmesOrNT wrote:

I find it hysterical. But my favorite was the little girl who was sobbing inconsolably while saying "its okay."

My favorite were the kids crying over the lost candy while holding buckets full of candy!

dee's mommy

Post Wed, Nov 06 2013, 2:35 pm
I did watch the rest, and my first opinion stands. I don't think it is funny if the joke is at someone else's expense. That holds true, even when that someone is a child.

lk1234

Post Wed, Nov 06 2013, 2:41 pm
I really think this is so disguisting. How would an adult react if we told them their car was totaled or their house was flooded. We would be upset. Well, kids have emotions, real emotions. And these paretns are totally not taking them seriously.

It reminds me of what rav yisroel salant once said that when you sink a child's boat in the bathtub it's like you are sinking a real oceanliner.

Every human being, young or old deserves respect.

gp2.0

Post Wed, Nov 06 2013, 2:46 pm
I've seen these in the past. They're so mean. How can parents do this to their little kids? I'm fine with pranking adults but pranking kids is different.

causemommysaid

Post Thu, Nov 07 2013, 10:42 am
I thought it was so nasty.

Whats funny about devastating a little kid? Of course they are going to cry.

Also what exactly does it teach children? that its OK to lie, play mean pranks, and that making someone cry is funny.

supermom3

Post Thu, Nov 07 2013, 11:30 am
How can a parent make their kid cry on purpose? - So they can hope to get their video on TV? that's why the parents went on and on even though their child was crying. - Not normal

willow

Post Thu, Nov 07 2013, 11:53 am
I think it is mean and funny at the same time. Tells a lot about the parenting going on (the little girl saying that b****). ALso found it fascinating those kids that were like as long as you are happy or its ok share with me next time.

causemommysaid

Post Thu, Nov 07 2013, 7:57 pm
willow wrote:
I think it is mean and funny at the same time. Tells a lot about the parenting going on (the little girl saying that b****). ALso found it fascinating those kids that were like as long as you are happy or its ok share with me next time.

yes I absolutely loved that little girl who was crying her heart out and telling her mother that it was OK that she ate her candy.

you can tell she is going to grow up to be a really kind forgiving person.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics