Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art
Is B&H a reputable online store?
1  2  Next

Yergo

Post Sun, Nov 10 2013, 7:40 pm
I saw some deal there and was wondering if it is too good to be true- can I order online there and know that I will get the item described and not be ripped off etc?

thanks!

sorry a non-NYer here so the fact that they are a brick and mortar store does not help me...

Cookies n Cream

Post Sun, Nov 10 2013, 7:41 pm
very very.

momX4

Post Sun, Nov 10 2013, 7:43 pm
Totally.
great customer service.

doctorima

Post Sun, Nov 10 2013, 7:48 pm
Yes, they are very, very reputable, and you can trust that they are 100% legit. Still, whether for this purchase or any other, if you're ever worried that it's too good to be true, it's always a good idea to buy using AmEx, as they have the best consumer protections and will hopefully refund you in full if you ever don't get what you were promised (and they often extend the warranties on electronics as well).

octopus

Post Sun, Nov 10 2013, 7:49 pm
yes, they are legit. and are well known for their customer service. not that this should make a difference, but it is also a jewish owned company and you would be patronizing a jewish business when you buy from them.

Yergo

Post Sun, Nov 10 2013, 7:53 pm
thanks! I am a bit nervous b/c from a quick google searc there are a lot of complaints about them...

oliveoil

Post Sun, Nov 10 2013, 7:57 pm
They are one of the biggest and best out there.

ohnuts!

Post Sun, Nov 10 2013, 7:59 pm
very big store in NYC owned by frum Jew.

Simple1

Post Sun, Nov 10 2013, 7:59 pm
They have an excellent reputation especially among professional photographers. Are the complaints by any chance around Pesach and Sukkos time? They close the entire yom tov including Chol hamoed - this causes some frustration but amazingly they are still popular with non Jews (siyata dishmaya?).

bubbebia

Post Sun, Nov 10 2013, 8:16 pm
Yes, yes, yes!!!! My DD works as a sales associate there. A big hunk of the business she does is online. They are extremely reputable and will help you get what you need. You can even call them if you need help!

greenfire

Post Sun, Nov 10 2013, 8:27 pm
my daughter was NOT satisfied with an item they sold her as it didn't work as it should have - when visiting new york we went to the store in manhattan and they again did not help her to her satisfaction ... it was a dud & her own hard earned monies were thrown into an electronic device that didn't work ... they would not let her put down additional money for a better/different item

busydev

Post Sun, Nov 10 2013, 9:47 pm
we have bought and been happy with a few things from their online store. consumer reports had them as a top online store for electronics in the buyers guide a couple years ago (didnt see recent ones so cant say if thye changed their minds)

shev

Post Sun, Nov 10 2013, 10:57 pm
I've bought from then online and in the store. And I was very happy, they were extremely helpful. I called them to compare 2 items, and they helped me out also.

sweetjudy999

Post Sun, Nov 10 2013, 11:39 pm
know a lot of ppl that bought online there all were very happy

Yergo

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 7:40 am
greenfire wrote:
my daughter was NOT satisfied with an item they sold her as it didn't work as it should have - when visiting new york we went to the store in manhattan and they again did not help her to her satisfaction ... it was a dud & her own hard earned monies were thrown into an electronic device that didn't work ... they would not let her put down additional money for a better/different item

these are the kind of reviews that make me nervous, I saw some about YT closing and complaints which I ignored bc as a frum person I understand what is going on, but the lack of responsibility for selling bad items which has been brought up by multiple reviewers online and the not-so-great customer service makes me nervous to order something worth a few hundred $$$ online- frum store or not....

SplitPea

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 7:44 am
My brother (non Jewish photographer living in Texas) orders from B&h as do all his colleagues. It is known as the go to place in his line of work.

momX4

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 7:59 am
Every store has customers that are unhappy. We dont know the entire story. Call them with your concerns. Ask them what their return policy is. It doesnt hurt to have a phone conversation with a sales rep.

I was able to return a ipod after I opened the box without any problems (it was a present and the recipient changed their mind)

Another time I gave a camera that broke a few days later. They replaced it no problem.

I have purchased to many items to list from headphones to camcorder, since they had the best pricing.

I have a relative that works there and I know that they work hard on pleasing customers.

doctorima

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 8:27 am
Of course if you do the volume of business they do there will always be somebody who complains, but the following should make clear just how good and reliable they are:

http://www.resellerratings.com.....Audio

http://www.bbb.org/new-york-ci.....hoto-
video-pro-audio-in-new-york-ny-429/

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/fi.....s.jsp

PAMOM

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 10:17 am
We live oot, as does my entire extended family, and we've all bought from them without problems. My husband bought an expensive defective memory card that they replaced without a problem.

lkwdmommy

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 10:30 am
octopus wrote:
yes, they are legit. and are well known for their customer service. not that this should make a difference, but it is also a jewish owned company and you would be patronizing a jewish business when you buy from them.

Not just this, but thy also employ literally hundreds of frum men and women and provide parnassah to hundred of families. Which has a trickle down effect of boosting income for the whole community. So, all things being equal (since there is no perfect business out there), one probably should try to go with them over a different company.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art