Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art
Wedding album
1  2  Next

amother

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 3:07 pm
How long were you married before you got your wedding album?

Emotional

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 3:28 pm
I'm married over 12 years and we never ordered our album... Though our proofs were given to us beautifully arranged in an album so officially that's our album.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 3:31 pm
Emotional wrote:
I'm married over 12 years and we never ordered our album... Though our proofs were given to us beautifully arranged in an album so officially that's our album.

Are you planning to order a professional one or you're fine without it?

amother

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 3:33 pm
Its been 5 years and in laws havent bothered the photographer about it. Since they are paying for it I can't really do anything. DH has mentioned it again and again. We picked proofs gave them to the photographer he made the album and in laws just havent done their part. They still owe a big chunck of money so its not like I can just pay for it. I cant figure them out because they are very well off. One of these days I'll just suck it up and pay for it.

Emotional

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 3:51 pm
amother wrote:
Emotional wrote:

Are you planning to order a professional one or you're fine without it?

I don't know. Life is just so busy now that it's not high on our priority list.
I do wish we had done it years ago, though.

working hard

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 4:00 pm
It took us almost 3 years to actually get our album! I see that is pretty good.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 4:52 pm
We got ours within 2 years of our wedding. Then it got damp due to Sandy and went moldy. Sad

browser

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 4:57 pm
We got our album right away- a few months after the wedding

Shani88

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 7:09 pm
amother wrote:
We got ours within 2 years of our wedding. Then it got damp due to Sandy and went moldy. Sad

Did you speak to your photographer? This happened to a good friend of mine and they were able to re-print her album for her at a very low cost.

Bruria

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 7:21 pm
We got the picture files from the photographer and we did the album ourselves in a website called mixbook! we did this around 6 months after our wedding, and the good thing is that the album costs us only$100!!

amother

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 7:34 pm
Bruria wrote:
We got the picture files from the photographer and we did the album ourselves in a website called mixbook! we did this around 6 months after our wedding, and the good thing is that the album costs us only$100!!

Was this hard to do?

amother

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 7:44 pm
purple123 wrote:
amother wrote:

Did you speak to your photographer? This happened to a good friend of mine and they were able to re-print her album for her at a very low cost.

That's a good idea.

Truthfully, the album is extremely low priority at the moment. There are so many other things we need to deal with first.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 8:05 pm
about three and a half/four years. The other side owed money and refused to pay.

dee's mommy

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 8:16 pm
I also never ordered an album. We received in two photo albums, and DVD of all the photographs (proofs.) The proofs are all 5X7, so I was happy with what I had.

Maybe someday I will choose an album, but like someone else here said, it's not really a priority.

(Been married 7 years.)

bnm

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 8:33 pm
my goal was to have the pictures picked out before I got pregnant Smile I managed to make it. by the time the photographer had it ready a few months later till I picked it up was another few moths but still before the baby.
I think my friend hasn't finished picking yet, its almost 6 years.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 8:38 pm
My parents and in-laws paid for the photographer and they chose a package that included albums for all of us.
Five years later and I am working on it. The incentive here is that it is all paid up- what a waste of money if I wouldn't do it!

If I didn't have such a package, I don't know that I would do it so fancy. I think I would look for the most durable photo-book out there and do it myself- assuming I could get a book as durable as the one the photographer puts together.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 10:11 pm
I did mine right away! We got it a few months after our wedding. But I didn't make myself crzy over it. Just chose pics and gave them in, no cropping, collages, frames, rotations or other editings... My album could have come out nicer but I knew if I don't do it right away, chances are it won't get done. I'm a strong believer in "best is the enemy of good"

Shana_H

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 10:58 pm
Why did this question get a red "!"

amother

Post Tue, Nov 12 2013, 12:33 am
Bruria wrote:

Is it the typical wedding style album?

I'd like to find a place to do it myself. We thought we got a steal on the photographer ($1800 for the wedding) not realizing that it didn't include albums and just the chosson/kallah album is over $1000. I could pay it if I really wanted but that's grossly overpriced so so far we've been living without (to be fair, it's only been five months lol). I wish I could have though because we still look at my grandparents wedding album and I'd love to have one (that's not over $1000!!!).

Amother because people have heard my dilemma before.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 12 2013, 12:41 am
Shana_H wrote:
Why did this question get a red "!"

What does that mean?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art