Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
"Chanukah USA"- Yeah or Meh?

Sherri

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 11:29 pm
While the CD Purim USA is a fan favorite, I haven't heard (nor heard of) Chanukah USA.
Do you own it? How does it compare to the popular Purim tape?
Do you recommend purchasing it?

busydev

Post Tue, Nov 12 2013, 12:39 am
prob abt the same imo. been a bunch of years since I heard it last but some songs still pop into my head at time... "let me jump off my horse of course annnd give a big bowwww, what can I do for you sir will you tell me nowwww"
never knew the purim one was popular (never heard anyone else refer to it)... but what do I know....

m in Israel

Post Tue, Nov 12 2013, 1:02 am
We really liked it. It's a very similar style to the Purim one, and some of the songs are really cute (and yes, they do stick in your head, just like the Purim one. . .). I also like the way they really do the story in context -- they go back to Alexandar the Great and the conquest of Eretz Yisroel, and go through the history of the story.

5*Mom

Post Tue, Nov 12 2013, 3:24 am
m in Israel wrote:
We really liked it. It's a very similar style to the Purim one, and some of the songs are really cute (and yes, they do stick in your head, just like the Purim one. . .). I also like the way they really do the story in context -- they go back to Alexandar the Great and the conquest of Eretz Yisroel, and go through the history of the story.

Yep, us too.

soboz

Post Tue, Nov 12 2013, 7:10 am
Another vote for Chanuka USA. my kids - now teenagers and adults - still remember the songs and voices of both Chanuka and Purim USA.

Sherri

Post Tue, Nov 12 2013, 10:42 pm
Great, thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note