Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art
Cannon G12 or nikon coolpix p510

yummydd

Post Tue, Nov 12 2013, 9:04 am
I would like to have some advice and feedback from people who know about either of these cameras.

Nikon looks great but is heavier and larger then the cannon. but it has more megapixels and zoom.
Cannon is known as a good company, or is it?

I would really all the advice. thanks

bubbebia

Post Tue, Nov 12 2013, 10:29 am
My DH, an amateur photographer, wouldn't use anything but a Canon and I know that it is often the camera of choice for professionals. A professional photographer once asked DH what kind of camera he used and said he hoped it was a Canon. It was. He has used other things but this is the brand he is happiest with. He is now on his 3rd one. Hope this helps.

Peek-a-boo

Post Tue, Nov 12 2013, 10:31 am
I have the G12, bought it about a year ago and am b"h very happy with it. I used to have a canon sd1000 and found that the pics didn't focus well indoors.. while the G12 is not top top quality pics I am overall very happy with the quality of my indoor and outdoor pics.

tweety1

Post Tue, Nov 12 2013, 11:08 am
I have the G15 very similar. It's a gr8 camera. B&H encouraged me to take this one more than any other one. It's the best one b4 a photographer camera

yummydd

Post Wed, Nov 13 2013, 6:43 pm
Thanks for all the replies:
B&h actually persuaded me to take the Nikon over the cannon. But it's so big and bulky and it also has one issue that when I take a clip and zoom in u hear the noise of the zoom in the playback. I googled it and its a common problem with this nikon. Not sure what to do....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art