Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Green Beans

mc

Post Wed, Nov 13 2013, 11:50 am
I seem to have hit or miss results with roasting/cooking frozen whole green beans. Sometimes they are too mushy and other times the center stays hard (even if they are already no longer that bright green color) and sometimes they are fine. I've read through all the green bean posts, but Any specific directions to ensure a good result? I just want something with oil, and spices-- not a heavy sweet sauce. Also you always serve cold/room temp on Shabbos to avoid them overcooking?

AZmom09

Post Wed, Nov 13 2013, 1:24 pm
I have a whole post here on how to make great green beans-http://nowaythatshealthy.blogspot.com/2013/10/tip-tuesday-9-steam-your-greens.html

but basically steaming them is sooooo good.
Also I really like to saute onions and garlic till soft, then add frozen green beans some garlic and onion powder a splash of soy sauce and then some teriayki sauce. its amazing and goes sooooo good over brown rice!

Books

Post Wed, Nov 13 2013, 2:47 pm
The Lubavitch cookbook (the purple one) has a great recipe for spiced green beans how you're describing them. When I make them, I follow the recipe exactly and they come out a nice, soft texture. When I get home I'll try to remember to look up the recipe to post here.

mol

Post Thu, Nov 14 2013, 5:58 am
heat up abt a tbls oil on med to high flame. add frozen green beans, not defrosted. sprinkle garlic powder, black pepper, and lawrys seasoned salt. heat until cooked through, about 10 minutes mixing every few minutes. I make these all the time! YUM!

ChossidMom

Post Thu, Nov 14 2013, 5:11 pm
My all time fave for green beans is to rinse them and spread them out on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake till they're absolutely yummy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes