Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Skinny pants for boys... what to do with all my cargo pants?

Orchid

Post Tue, Nov 19 2013, 9:27 am
that I saved from one son to the other? I'm not one to blindly follow trends (and would not put pleather on my 7 year old girl Smile ) but my son wearing full, loose pants will just look silly next to all those skinny pants-ed boys. And to top it off, my boys are skinny and small so the skinny pants look nice on them, much better than the cargo pants ever did. But giving them away and buying a whole new pants wardrobe aggravates my budget conscience. Especially since I was relying on using all those pants for the next son - when BAM! this new trend took me by total surprise. Any thoughts out there??

amother

Post Tue, Nov 19 2013, 9:37 am
Where are you findong the skinny pants I cant find any !!

Beyla

Post Tue, Nov 19 2013, 9:44 am
Either you're a good seamstress able to fix them, either just keep it the old way and forget about it!
I'm not sure it worth spending money for it if you don't have the budget.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Nov 19 2013, 10:29 am
Ugh! why are all pants today skinny pants? My boys are blessed with ample backsides & its crazy how I cant find pants for them!!!! the only company that still fits them is Shoham.

Barbara

Post Tue, Nov 19 2013, 10:38 am
Orchid wrote:
that I saved from one son to the other? I'm not one to blindly follow trends (and would not put pleather on my 7 year old girl Smile ) but my son wearing full, loose pants will just look silly next to all those skinny pants-ed boys. And to top it off, my boys are skinny and small so the skinny pants look nice on them, much better than the cargo pants ever did. But giving them away and buying a whole new pants wardrobe aggravates my budget conscience. Especially since I was relying on using all those pants for the next son - when BAM! this new trend took me by total surprise. Any thoughts out there??

How old is your son?

If he's little enough not to care, put him in the cargo pants.

Otherwise, I'd go with a mix. Buy him a couple of pairs of slimmer-fit pants, and let him mix them up with the baggier pants.

By the way, this is at least the 3d or 4th year of slimmer pants being the style. It won't last forever. Maybe you have another son down the line who will want the cargo pants?

amother

Post Tue, Nov 19 2013, 10:47 am
I have a number of sons and this is the first year I am really having a problem with hand me downs. Somehow they are starting to look ridiculous in the huge baggy pants (even though the skinny pants HAVE been in style for the last few years already, they were not as prevalent).

I am doing what Barbara suggested-bought a couple of the more tailored pants for each child and try to have them wear those on most days but fill in with the old baggy ones when I'm desperate (ie haven't done the laundry for a while. . .)

This works for me but my boys don't care at all (ranging from baby to 10 years old), it's just me who is starting to be not thrilled with those pants (even though the past few years I stuck with them despite the move towards the skinny. . . )

I say it depends on how you/your boys feel about it and how much extra money you have to throw at it!

Orchid

Post Tue, Nov 19 2013, 12:09 pm
Thanks, all. I have a few sons :-) and none of them care about the baggy look, but now that no one does it anymore, it looks ridiculous, all the more so on my tiny boys (for example, my 7 year old is size 3T). The fact that this has been the style for a few years now and I'm only noticing it now just shows how out of things I am! But now that I notice, I don't want my boys looking silly. Guess I'll go out and buy some - and no - the tailoring is too extensive, not worth the time and effort.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 19 2013, 2:18 pm
Send them to Israel

spinkles

Post Tue, Nov 19 2013, 3:28 pm
Are skinny pants really so popular? In my sons' classes, only 2-3 boys are wearing them. One of the perks of being OOT, I guess.

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Nov 19 2013, 3:28 pm
Can you cut the bottoms and turn them into shorts?

MamaBear

Post Tue, Nov 19 2013, 3:33 pm
In my experience, the best fitting pants for truly skinny boys is the slim fit pants from the GAP. Better fitting than any other brand, by far. They have the adjustable waist, they wash well, they fit small tushes Smile

We have these in every color, plus the straight leg denim and the cords. And that's his pants wardrobe!

http://www.gap.com/browse/prod.....07002

EmesOrNT

Post Tue, Nov 19 2013, 3:34 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
Ugh! why are all pants today skinny pants? My boys are blessed with ample backsides & its crazy how I cant find pants for them!!!! the only company that still fits them is Shoham.

I've had luck with Gap pants. They have a slimmer pant leg, but a fuller seat. I didn't want to buy it last season because of the price, but it held up so well, it was worth it.

imamom7

Post Tue, Nov 19 2013, 8:24 pm
My son is also skinny- Get some h&m pants they're 9.95 full price and pretty slim though order down one to two sizes- h&m often had sales so they go down to $7 and wash and wear well- all the boys wear them

Cookies n Cream

Post Tue, Nov 19 2013, 8:45 pm
imamom7 wrote:
My son is also skinny- Get some h&m pants they're 9.95 full price and pretty slim though order down one to two sizes- h&m often had sales so they go down to $7 and wash and wear well- all the boys wear them

Love H and M pants.
That's all I use.
Price, quality and fit can't be beat.

Orchid

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 10:17 pm
amother wrote:
Send them to Israel

Ok, 9 months later and I want to take you up on it.

Anyone know how to send clothes to Israel?

hila

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 1:30 am
Pack them and send them USPS

I can use or give them to our local gemach

(only good condition of course)

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 9:08 am
Do you really have an address to send used clothes to israel? I have so much to give away, and I want to make sure they are used and enjoyed!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics