Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Sugar free gluten free treats

e1234

Post Sun, Nov 24 2013, 8:12 am
my husband is off of sugar and gluten for a diet

Anyone have any good recipes on treats I can make him?

marina

Post Sun, Nov 24 2013, 12:58 pm
my husband makes cookies with 2-4 net carbs each. Coconut flour and almond flour

dee's mommy

Post Sun, Nov 24 2013, 1:21 pm
I just saw a link to this interesting looking dessert. I hope this helps:

http://www.healthfulpursuit.co.....ares/

mandksima

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 2:24 am
can he use dates or honey or maple syrup? I have tons of recipes.

e1234

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 2:31 am
Quote:
can he use dates or honey or maple syrup? I have tons of recipes.

yes please share
(I'm not sure about the maple syrup but yes to dates and honey)

yesterday I pulled a recipe online and it tasted awful so I'm looking for tried recipes

mandksima

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 4:21 am
I have been making these "Snickers" bars that are so yummy and eventhough I cover them with a small amount of 70% chocolate (small amount of sugar), I usually eat half of them before they get to that stage.
healthy snickers bars You could use honey instead of maple syrup in the base.

I love making raw peppermint patties- 1/2 C unrefined coconut oil (softened but not liquid), 1/4 C raw honey and a few drops mint extract. Mix well and add in shredded coconut until stiff enough to form into soft pattie shape. I place rounded patties on a cookie sheet or plate covered with parchment paper and freeze till firm. You can eat them plain (I usually do) or coat with chocolate for an imitation of the bought kind. Raw honey is really good for you and is wonderful when not heated so it retains the special properties.

You can do the same thing and skip the mint for Mounds kind of bars or add in almond flavoring for something different. You can thicken the cookie with ground almonds as well instead of coconut.

studying_torah

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 12:10 pm
Those snickers bars look like a great idea, but I hate coconut and dates. What can I use instead?

mandksima

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 2:55 pm
studying_torah wrote:
Those snickers bars look like a great idea, but I hate coconut and dates. What can I use instead?

The base calls for 1 T of coconut flour, do you think you'll taste that? If it is a problem, you can use another GF flour but one that is very absorbing - maybe rice flour? Remember, this doesn't get cooked so it has to be a digestible flour in its raw state. The date puree doesn't taste a whole lot like dates but if you really can't stand them, I don't think this receipe is for you. BTW, I use sunflower seed butter sometimes in place of the almond butter. You can use natural peanut butter as well. The strong taste of that masks the 1T coconut flour IMO.

Look at all of her recipes, maybe you'll find a better one you like. I have tried a few and they were very good but remember, I don't compare it to regular sugar treats, my taste buds have changed over time so I can't vouch for those that want healthy alternatives that taste like the real thing. I have had lots of people try this receipe though and it got good reviews.

Ruach

Post Mon, Jun 02 2014, 4:22 pm
These are delicious: http://www.refuashaguf.com/pumpkin-cookies/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics