Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Spinoff- do you have a guest room?
1  2  Next

yo'ma

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 5:43 pm
And if not, what do you do if you have overnight guests over?

Beyla

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 6:21 pm
I wish we had one....

We have a very small apartment, sometimes we have some students who sleep in the living room for shabbos, that's it for the sleepover invitation.

If my mil or other family wants to come there is an hotel just next my door.

Iyh I hope we will soon move to a bigger place with plenty of rooms and a nice guest room!

amother

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 6:21 pm
We live tiny in a one bedroom and have no room for guests, not even for meals.

Barbara

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 6:30 pm
No guest room.

When we have overnight guests, usually my father or one of DH's siblings, they get DS's bedroom. DS sleeps in the living room. When he was younger, he would sleep in our room.

greenfire

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 6:34 pm
I've had people sleep in the living room ... I've had people sleep on mattresses ... I've had people sleep on top of people ... it's amazing how many people you can fit into your place

where there is love in the heart
there is always room for a snoozing spot

Lady Godiva

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 6:40 pm
I have guest rooms, but when I didn't I set up extra beds in the den or moved a kid out their bedroom to sleep in a different child's room or my room and gave the guests a bedroom.

Liba

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 6:41 pm
We have three bedrooms. When we have guests DH and I get our room, my kids all bunk together in my girls room and my guests get my son's room.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 6:47 pm
No Sad I really hope that we will one day soon. Depending on the guest, either they sleep with my kids or on the couch. Anyone who isn't cool with that will unfortunately have to work out their own arrangements.

pesek zman

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 6:51 pm
Nope. We live in a studio so we can't have overnight guests. I don't mind it. We have plenty of room to host friends for Shabbos meals, and as we live in manhattan, overnight guests (out of town family) can stay in a hotel nearby.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 6:54 pm
We do and we always use it.

myself

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 6:55 pm
Would LOVE to have a guest room!
We've had an occasional guest sleep with the kids. Only family members though.

pause

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 8:22 pm
No guest room. But I do host guests who sleep in my kids room. My kids sleep elsewhere (my room, dining room, etc.)

amother

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 8:23 pm
We're going to have one real soon, thanks to some kids moving out in the foreseeable future. But in the old days, one child had a bunk bed plus a trundle, so that accommodated 2 friends, plus a folding cot could accommodate a third. The other kids' room already had two kids in the bunk bed so their friends used either sleeping bags or the folding cot. If we had a married couple over who were our friends or our in-laws, they got our room and dh and I slept in the LR. We have a sofabed in the LR but have only used it once or twice for guests other than ourselves. Arrangements change as the household composition changes--with just 1 dc in each room at home, we might put dc in the LR and an adult guest of the same gender in dc room. When there's a will there's a way. Ironically, now that kids are moving out, we have very few overnight guests. Most of our guests were our kids' friends.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 8:26 pm
I bh have a guest room and use it quite often.

mommyhood

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 8:28 pm
No guest room. We have a singe sibling who comes occasionally and sleeps with the kids (she knows that this is the only option and chooses to come anyway). Once my in laws needed to come for Shabbos and my sleeping arrangements for them fell through last minute so we moved the kids into our room for Shabbos .
I am hoping to one day have a house with a guest room so I can host people for Shabbos but for now we just don't have sleepover guests.

dee's mommy

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 8:31 pm
We have three bedrooms. Since I have only one child, the third room is the guest room. If that is filled up, then I use air mattresses in our basement.

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 8:51 pm
We have one currently.
I have 3 bdrms, one for us one for ds and even though my 'guest room' is called guest room, has a high riser, bedside table and lamp, it is actually a storage room too so when we get guests it gets cleaned up.

Anyone want to come stay? It is such a mess Wink

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 9:02 pm
We have three bedrooms, no official guest room. My two bigger kids share a room, and my baby has a high riser in his room. He sleeps with us whenever we have sleepover company. If we need both rooms (like we did this past shabbos) my two bigger ones will also sleep in our room.
Iyh one day we will move to a house with lots of bedrooms and a real guest room on the first floor for when my parents or in laws come.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 9:48 pm
Nope. We live in a studio so we can't have overnight guests. I don't mind it. We have plenty of room to host friends for Shabbos meals, and as we live in manhattan, overnight guests (out of town family) can stay in a hotel nearby.

Superdanni, I am interested to know how you manage in a studio. What do you do to make the most of the space?

amother

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 12:17 pm
I'm in an apartment. A very big one, kah, but still an apartment. No guest room. Would there be one, it would be used as a playroom or eventually for another child.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics