Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Split Ends - Mishpacha serial
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

zoom

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 3:43 pm
can someone pls explain this to me? I have been so confused reading this the past few weeks. did libby not, a while ago, date with a plumber called shimon and then call it off? is this the same guy? so why does it sound like she doesn't know him at all??
and also the week when her son went outside to help the plumber, it also said something about her shamefacedly averting her face at the door, as if she knows him..so what is going on???
really confused
is anyone with me? What

seeker

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 3:52 pm
She dated a different Shimon. Yes the names were confusing. This ShimMY is someone different. I think she was ashamed that time for other reasons, such as maybe her son being blamed for wrecking the plumbing plus out of school or stuff like that.

zoom

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 3:56 pm
but he was also a plumber no?? weird, that she is portraying two shimons/shimmy woteva and they r both plumbers...
since then I just felt the hole story was off..
and wot about her being embaressed in front of him..that she recognised him

youngishbear

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 3:58 pm
I know!! I was also confused about the two plumbers.

seeker

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 4:20 pm
Shimon #1 was not a plumber. She made a whole stink about ShimMY being a plumber so presumably she had never gone out with one before.

malkacooks

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 12:54 pm
shimon was not a plumber. shimmy is.

took me a while to get it straight.

shimon broke it off b\c he couldnt handle avi.

Shimmy does well with avi.

Now you all know my cheet sheet Smile

supermama2

Post Fri, Dec 12 2014, 7:55 am
Can someone fill me in on what happened this week? I didn't get around to picking up a mag. Thanks!

seeker

Post Fri, Dec 12 2014, 11:19 am
It was a little weird...
Hidden: 

Bin's mother takes Rivka (the other DIL) out to lunch to tell her how through dealing with Bin she has come to realize that the other son (I forget names...) is not easy to deal with either, and she suddenly appreciates that Rivka has been a tzadeikes for putting up with him all these years. She mentions that she had wondered at times if both her sons would end up divorced. All of this obviously touches some very raw nerves for Rivka.
No idea what the whole point was or where this is supposed to go, but that took up the ENTIRE chapter so no updates on anyone else Sad
Oh and
Hidden: 

Rivka tells the MIL that Libby may be close to getting engaged, which I REALLY don't get - why would a relatively sensible person like Rivka suddenly be so indiscreet?! And is this going to create more drama - why? The story had enough going on to just continue the existing lines... Sigh.

kalsee

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 5:18 am
malkacooks wrote:
shimon was not a plumber. shimmy is.

took me a while to get it straight.

shimon broke it off b\c he couldnt handle avi.

Shimmy does well with avi.

Now you all know my cheet sheet Smile

To make it more confusing, I think we had a chapter (a really long time ago) about Shimmy the plumber out on a date (nothing to do with libby)

Culturedpearls

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 11:00 am
What's everyone take on Rivka & her Husband?
He's really not that different from Bin.
Unmedicated & not willing to help himself or support his family.
Is this a realistic portrayal of an adult ADHD?
Will There be a happy ending for Rivka?
For Bins parents?

Sunnydays

Post Thu, Dec 18 2014, 9:13 am
So Mira Schloss is Shimmys sister...

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Dec 18 2014, 9:28 am
kkk wrote:
So Mira Schloss is Shimmys sister...

Didn't read it yet. That's fun.

OK, I did read it. Mira's the least of it. If I was an FOE (friend of Elisheva) I'd be sorely tempted to write a letter along the lines of
Dear Elisheva,
We've been through thick and thin. It's been a long haul and I'm thrilled that you found someone worth spending your life with. I know what you've been looking for, what you've established as bottom line, non-negotiable, won't compromise. I thought you were mature to be open to someone who's been married before and has kids. Taller, older, all that kind of stuff that at the end of the day turns out not to be as important as we think when we start.
But bubbele, I don't know if I can go to this chasuna in good conscience. I also think that this is above my pay grade and hope that you can connect with a good professional. It's probably the healthiest thing anyone can and should do when she marries someone with kids and works on integrating into the family. I think you'd benefit from having someone to bounce things off of.
I truly hesitate to write this as I don't want to compromise our friendship and hope you'll take it in the spirit in which it's intended.

IOW, Riva, help us figure out why she should want to marry Bin. We had some threads about how bad being an agunah really is. Maybe we should discuss how desperate singles get and how to deal with such desperation?

Oh, and kkk, can you explain your sn? And how you manage to be on imamother for a few years and just have 7 posts? I can do that in 10 minutes. I admire your restraint.

Coke Slurpee

Post Sat, Dec 27 2014, 8:58 pm
I didn't get the mishpacha this week, can anyone fill me in?

And I agree with PinkFridge- what on earth does Elisheva see in Bin???

PinkFridge

Post Sat, Dec 27 2014, 9:38 pm
Coke Slurpee, last week ended with her finding out that Mira was Shimmy's sister. This week, she runs out to the car, demands to be taken home, figures this is the end and drowns her sorrow in jelly beans while talking to her BF/ex SIL (what's her name again?). Then, late that night there's a knock on the door. It's Shimmy, and Mira, and Shimmy wants to talk, insists that it'll be good.

Coke Slurpee

Post Sat, Dec 27 2014, 9:40 pm
Thanx I appreciate the recap.

Sunnydays

Post Sat, Dec 27 2014, 9:42 pm
PinkFridge wrote:

Oh, and kkk, can you explain your sn? And how you manage to be on imamother for a few years and just have 7 posts? I can do that in 10 minutes. I admire your restraint.

Sn is totally random. As for my posts...well...knowing that hundreds of women can look up how many posts I have is enough to restrain me Wink

Sunnydays

Post Sat, Dec 27 2014, 9:43 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Coke Slurpee, last week ended with her finding out that Mira was Shimmy's sister. This week, she runs out to the car, demands to be taken home, figures this is the end and drowns her sorrow in jelly beans while talking to her BF/ex SIL (what's her name again?). Then, late that night there's a knock on the door. It's Shimmy, and Mira, and Shimmy wants to talk, insists that it'll be good.

My guess is that Mira's husband put pressure on her to open her own place. Any thoughts?

PinkFridge

Post Sat, Dec 27 2014, 9:59 pm
kkk wrote:
Sn is totally random. As for my posts...well...knowing that hundreds of women can look up how many posts I have is enough to restrain me Wink

I was going to go amother and say you can always go amother, but I guess you can't do that too often when you have such a low post count ;-)
And I understand having a random sn, but you do know what it makes people think, right?

Sunnydays

Post Sat, Dec 27 2014, 10:06 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
I was going to go amother and say you can always go amother, but I guess you can't do that too often when you have such a low post count ;-)
And I understand having a random sn, but you do know what it makes people think, right?

I know. Picked a random letter and didnt realize till it was done Confused Crying

malkacooks

Post Mon, Dec 29 2014, 11:56 am
I really love how interesting this is getting but it still really bothers me about elisheva and bin. they seem so mismatched. I keep waiting for her to throw bin to the wind.
Page 6 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room