Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
ANY CUTE CHANAKA FOOD CREATION IDEAS FOR KIDS??

here2chill

Post Thu, Nov 28 2013, 3:00 pm
I am looking for ways to entertain my kids every night on chanaka. Any cute ideas of how they could create something using food or anything else? Like menorah, dreidel or just about anything!

Maybe even a cute game?

Thanks Tongue Out

Last edited by here2chill on Thu, Nov 28 2013, 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

here2chill

Post Thu, Nov 28 2013, 3:03 pm
Btw I did this with my kids they loved it! Check it out

http://www.estherodesign.com/c.....idel/

cs1

Post Thu, Nov 28 2013, 3:15 pm
1. Edible Menorah:
Take 3 wafers and line them up the long way. Place 3 sticks on each wafer and stick a marshmellow or jelly on top. The kids can be as creative as they want depending on what supplies you give them. You can give them different sprinkles, choc. Chips etc. And they can decorate the base of the menorah with chocolate spread or marshmellow fluff.

2. Edible dreidel:
Take thin pretzels and shape them into the shape of a dreidel (on a plate).
"Glue" the edges together with chocolate spread or marshmellow fluff. Then cut out the four letters of a dreidel and the kids can choose which letter they want to decorate inside. They can put as many sprinkles and who knows what on it!

3. Decorate dreidel cookies:
Buy dreidel cutouts (that's what I have at home. But you can get any chanukah scene) at amazing savings or any local judaic store. Have your kids shape the cookies and then make a color icing (confectionary sugar, water and two drops of food coloring). Then the kids can decorate them!!

4. I have two dreidel molds that can go in a freezer or microwave.
Melt chocolate, place in molds, put a stick thru it and ur kids can eat chocolate dreidel ices! They are always yummy and cool to make.

5. Build a menorah out of wafers which the kids can decorate...but this requires a lot of wafers...

6. Make a marshmellow - rice crispy treats recipe and have your kids shape them into dreidels. They can then make a gimmel with a licorice.

You can be so creative with just pretzels, wafers, ice cream toppings and marshmellows.

Good luck and have fun! Its a great idea which ill store for future years as I only have a toddler...

Mrs Bissli

Post Thu, Nov 28 2013, 8:58 pm
Something a bit healthier...

On a dinner plate, "draw" a horizontal line and a base with mayonnaise to form the base of a "chanukiah".
Place cooked green beans (or carrot sticks or cucumber sticks, or mix them up) vertically as "candles".
Above the vegetables, place halved cherry tomatoes as "flames"

INSPIREME

Post Thu, Nov 28 2013, 9:14 pm
http://www.amazon.com/Manische.....house

Achdus

Post Fri, Nov 29 2013, 12:49 am
http://handsontheparsha.blogspot.co.il/

Happy Chanukah!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics