Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
My cleaning lady went to jail for stealing!
1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Sat, Nov 30 2013, 9:26 pm
We called the police on our cleaning lady for stealing cash from us. She went to jail! How do I inform others so they don't hire her. This was in BP.

Happy18

Post Sat, Nov 30 2013, 9:28 pm
Do you know who else uses her? Also if she is in jail does that mean she has been arrested or has she already gone through a trial?

Talya

Post Sat, Nov 30 2013, 10:38 pm
How did you catch her/prove it?

mom25

Post Sat, Nov 30 2013, 10:59 pm
uh oh. hope its not mine.... she didn't show up Wink Sad

amother

Post Sat, Nov 30 2013, 11:00 pm
We put a siman on the bills and counted them. Some we're missing we called shomrim and the police. Somrim confronted her. She admitted it.

amother

Post Sat, Nov 30 2013, 11:01 pm
mom25 wrote:
uh oh. hope its not mine.... she didn't show up Wink Sad
it was Friday so unless you have her on Shabbos probably not. Her name is Jeanette.

amother

Post Sat, Nov 30 2013, 11:06 pm
I Don't know who else uses her

Butterfly

Post Sat, Nov 30 2013, 11:20 pm
Did you purposely leave the cash insecured to see if she steals?

Were you suspicious of her stealing before this incident?

amother

Post Sat, Nov 30 2013, 11:32 pm
Yes we noticed money was missing so we put the money back and made marks on the bills. We did not leave it out in the open. She would not have just happened upon it only by looking for it could she find it. We had it on a high shelf behind a lot of other things. The only better place would have been the bank!

greenfire

Post Sat, Nov 30 2013, 11:35 pm
amother wrote:
it was Friday so unless you have her on Shabbos probably not. Her name is Jeanette.

some people have their cleaning lady come on shabbos ... then again more than one woman I know is named Jeanette ... so don't all fire your cleaning woman based on an anonymous tip

amother

Post Sat, Nov 30 2013, 11:37 pm
greenfire wrote:
amother wrote:

some people have their cleaning lady come on shabbos ... then again more than one woman I know is named Jeanette ... so don't all fire your cleaning woman based on an anonymous tip

I have her photo

greenfire

Post Sat, Nov 30 2013, 11:40 pm
amother wrote:

I have her photo

what do you propose you're going to do with her photo ??? whatever it is sounds illegal !!!

greenfire

Post Sat, Nov 30 2013, 11:42 pm
amother wrote:
We put a siman on the bills and counted them. Some we're missing we called shomrim and the police. Somrim confronted her. She admitted it.

do you pay her with the same bills you put simanim on ?

were you purposely setting a trap ? & if so why ?

amother

Post Sat, Nov 30 2013, 11:44 pm
greenfire wrote:
amother wrote:

do you pay her with the same bills you put simanim on ?

were you purposely setting a trap ? & if so why ?

Why would it be illegal for me to have her photo and she did not get paid after steeling from me!!!!

amother

Post Sat, Nov 30 2013, 11:56 pm
ok, you're making me nervous. My cleaning lady's name is Janet. Does she come to you during regular hours on Friday? ( that would eliminate my cleaning lady, since she's by me nine to four on fridays.)

amother

Post Sun, Dec 01 2013, 12:08 am
This would never happen to me. I don't leave money lying around unlocked anywhere. Once by mistake I left some large bills on a table and the cleaning woman didn't even touch it...she works by me for years and I know where else she works, and I could easily find her and arrest her. But to purposely mark some bills and hide them somewhere to catch a person stealing, why? What is the purpose of that? I just don't get it.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 01 2013, 12:35 am
I'm not OP. but here is why people do this. If you suspect she has been stealing, wouldn't you want to be totally sure before calling the police or shomrim? Isn't it worse to think you might be falsely accusing someone than to know you aren't?

amother

Post Sun, Dec 01 2013, 1:03 am
amother wrote:
I'm not OP. but here is why people do this. If you suspect she has been stealing, wouldn't you want to be totally sure before calling the police or shomrim? Isn't it worse to think you might be falsely accusing someone than to know you aren't?

I am the OP and that is exactly why I did it. Not because I wanted to trick her. But because I wanted to know if she was indeed taking my money and the only way to know for sure is to put it back count it give her the opportunity and to mark the bills to be sure she took them. Exactly Even with doing all that I was afraid maybe I counted wrong etc.

She admitted taking money right away and that she was taking 100 dollars a week..

I don't understand why some people are so into protecting her rights when she was the one stealing from me. Obviously if she did nothing wrong the police would not have taken her in.

I did not put it out in the open where I was trying to bait her this was our savings the only money my husband and I had. I did not expect my cleaning lady to be climbing on a a step ladder to check the back of my cabinets to look for money.

I even didn't want her on Friday but felt bad so told her to come even though I didn't really need her services.

and for the amother who wanted to know when I used her I use her a full day sometimes Friday so it's not your lady.

But this should be a wake up call to be very careful about trusting your cleaning lady to lock up your money! My husband is thinking about putting a combination lock on our closet in our master bedroom for when we have help.

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Dec 01 2013, 1:06 am
I keep cash locked up if its in the house, and this is one of the reasons. Sorry for your lost money, op Sad

amother

Post Sun, Dec 01 2013, 1:08 am
MaBelleVie wrote:
I keep cash locked up if its in the house, and this is one of the reasons. Sorry for your lost money, op Sad

Thank you Mavellevie, I learned my lesson now. I really didn't realize and I guess it was silly of me.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry