Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Did you play a good game at a party?
1  2  Next

pause

Post Sun, Dec 01 2013, 12:16 am
Please share!

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Dec 01 2013, 1:35 am
Take a bunch of old books or magazines, each participant gets one. Assign a page number to each of the following questions. REad each question, and then ask the participatns to turn to that page in their book/magazine and find the "answr" to this question -- in other words, match up a line or sentence that is applicable to the question. The results are absolutely hilarious. We did it with the Maalos, the yiddish publication, and I cant even begin to tell you the funny lines that people came up with. You can come up with a number of your own scenarios, but these are the ones that my cousin had on her game.

You've been sitting an a municipal (food stamps, SSi, WIC, take your pick) office for four whole hours. How do you feel?

You're a job interview, or at PTA - any important one-on-one event - and a mouse runs right by you! How do you react?

What do you typically do when you're overly stressed and need a break?

What's your reaction when:

Your house is a flying mess, and your mother-in-law is knocking at the door...

It's 6:30 pm and your supper has just burnt.

You're at a wedding and you notice you're waering 2 different shoes!

It's five minutes to shabbos and your child just dropped a glass jar of mayonnaise all over the kitchen floor!

You finally sat down to a piece of cake and coffee... and the milk is rancid!

Erev rosh chodesh av, in the country, right in the middle of laundry and - there's a blackout.

You're in the middle of a super suspenseful story and the next 10 pages are missing!

You open the freezer to take out the yummy meringue cake from yesterday's simcha and... it's gone!

it's 2 minutes to your son's morning bus and.... you can't find one shoe!

You've just run down five flights of stairs to your child's bus and you realize youre wearing your night turban/snood.....

What's your reaction if you would win the RCCS SPlit the Pot?

You're at the Shoppers Expo at Neuschloss's booth, youve tried on robe after robe and youre finally paying and.... oy, you left your wallet home!

You need to catch the Boro Park / Monsey / wahtever your location / bus / train and passes right before your eyes!

Describe the condition of your house four days to pesach!

Again, add whatever you want to this list, it can be A TON OF FUN if ur participants get creaiive! enjoy

kakky

Post Sun, Dec 01 2013, 8:32 am
I'd love to hear too.

goforit

Post Sun, Dec 01 2013, 10:56 am
I'm also watching this thread. Last year we played the logo game that someone was nice to share with me. It was a big hit.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Dec 01 2013, 11:03 am
Mama Bear, did everyone use the same magazine, or did everyone get another issue? I love the idea, and am thinking of implementing it.

MMCH

Post Sun, Dec 01 2013, 11:25 am
we played a very cute game, FAMILY BINGO.
it was for kids and adults.

give all the credits to my sister, she did everything.

she printed bingo cards, used winkies for the pieces... everyone had to submit 2 or 3 facts abt themselves to my sister,
they were hilarious...
then she called out the fact and everyone had to guess who it was and the names were printed on the board.

sushi galore

Post Sun, Dec 01 2013, 11:32 am
Mama Bear we played this game couple years ago. It was a super hit. Some get same some different, whatever you can get. We used, link, Torah times, Ezra, shoppers route, etc...

marina

Post Sun, Dec 01 2013, 11:57 am
Taboo

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Dec 01 2013, 12:24 pm
I used the maalos - different issues of the same magazine. it was pretty funny.

pause

Post Sun, Dec 01 2013, 1:54 pm
Mama Bear, what did people do with the answers the found? Cut it out? Yell it out loud? Did someone moderate?

Any other ideas to share?
We've done taboo and the logo game.

simchamommy

Post Sun, Dec 01 2013, 3:14 pm
what's the logo game?

Liebs

Post Sun, Dec 01 2013, 3:20 pm
Headbandz (forgot directiions but google real game and just make it yourself)

Each person/couple had to bring a wrapped can in silverfoil with a clue written on it. Everyone had to guess what the can was.

Can do same as above with a small wrapped gift.

Crossword puzzle. Was really funny, but someone has to do the hard work! (more for intimate family party)

goforit

Post Mon, Dec 02 2013, 7:26 am
The logo game everyone gets a sheet of all companies logo and you see who can get the most right. If you want I can email it too you.

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Dec 02 2013, 10:25 am
We played a variation of the game Loaded Questions. My sister (who is really funny!!!) was the MC...
She called out questions to the family, and whoever had a good answer wrote it on an index card and handed it in to her. She read aloud the answers, and everyone had to guess whose answer was whose. It was lots of fun!
You can do your own variation, and if your family is competitive, you can incorporate a points system...

CatLady

Post Mon, Dec 02 2013, 10:58 am
We do what we call Gag Gifts, which is basically Bad Santa (from those generic office parties). Everyone brings a gift of about $5.00, nicely gift-wrapped. We then go around the table. The first person chooses a gift, and the second person can either choose a gift or steal the first person's gift. The person whose gift was stolen chooses another gift from the pile. After everyone has a gift (there's usually one gift that get stolen several times!) we open the gifts and we have a last chance to trade. Some of the more successful gifts have been a Justin Bieber book (there's the likelihood that an adult would walk away with that!), a hideous statuette from the thrift shop, and a picture of a baby with a Photoshopped top hat and monocle, nicely framed.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 02 2013, 11:09 am
We played some great games this year. Sorry to be anon, I have too many family members on this site that would know who I am and finally guess my screen name.

Everyone got a brown paper bag with 2 mismatched socks (they were all colorful funky socks) and had to put them on their hands and put them under the table. Then we played matching. Going around the tables each person had a chance to guess a match. For example, "Peninas right hand (and Penina raised her right hand so everyone can see what sock she was wearing) and bubbys right hand ( Bubby raised her hand). If it was a match, he would get to keep it. If not they put their hands back under the table. It really worked out and had everyone laughing....

For an icebreaker we had a cup of jelly beans and everyone had to write down their guess of how many were in the cup. Winner gets to keep them.

The next one took a lot of preparation but my niece did an amazing job. She took pix of all the family members (many of them were very old like my fathers bar mitzva pictures or from the family get together 10 years ago) and she made a PowerPoint where she zoomed into someone's face or something or blurred it. She gave everyone enough time to guess who it was and then she showed out the pic or unblurred it and many had funny captions. The funniest part was seeing all the old pictures... It went over really well.

The old true/false. Everyone got a paper where they had to write one true thing about themself and 2 false. Then we circled which one was true, wrote our name on the paper and gave it in. Then my niece read them out loud. We had to guess which one was the true one. Then we realized that it was even more fun when she didn't say who's card it was and we had to guess that too. For example: a. Getting my permit in 3 months b. I have 2 nieces c. I'm a junior. I knew this had to be my coud

amother

Post Mon, Dec 02 2013, 11:12 am
Sorry I hit submit before I was done

Anyways, I knew that had to be my cousin since she was dying to get her license on her 16th bday which was in 3 months and her parents did let. She also hates being a freshie in high school and she does have 2 nieces.

And those are all the games that worked out this year. I'll keep you posted....

pause

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 4:51 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
We played a variation of the game Loaded Questions. My sister (who is really funny!!!) was the MC...
She called out questions to the family, and whoever had a good answer wrote it on an index card and handed it in to her. She read aloud the answers, and everyone had to guess whose answer was whose. It was lots of fun!
You can do your own variation, and if your family is competitive, you can incorporate a points system...

Can you give examples of questions and answers that were given?

amother

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 4:55 pm
We played Pictionary in partners. Couples played together; one drew while the other had to guess. All "drawers" were shown the same card (family-related) and had to draw it for their spouse. The first one to guess got to keep the card. The couple with the most cards at the end of the game, wins!

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Dec 04 2013, 9:39 am
OP:
Some questions were, "If you had to smell like something for the rest of your life, what would you want it to be?" " If you were king/queen, who would you want for your loyal servant?"

The questions are from the game Loaded Questions, we picked out the best ones and used those. They are all interesting and funny questions.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics