Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Diapers: which brand do you use?
1  2  Next

oatmealcookies

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 10:29 am
I am sick of pampers.

I used them for almost 9 month because thats the brand the hospital gave me.

I have had numerous leaks and tabs torn.

Every time I call I to complain I get coupons but you know what, I am embarrassed that I called at least 4 times!!

I am ready to switch but to what?? huggies? luvs? target brand?

Please help!!

ps with the coupons I got the pampers came out to as low as about 13-15 cents a diaper, I dont need cheap I need good!!! last night ds finally fell asleep, I went to check on him and I saw he leaked I was so upset. Dh changed him and of course he woke up and started to scream Sad

chocolate chips

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 10:37 am
First off, are you sure you have him in the right size?
Also, pampers has a range of types such as cruisers, baby dry, swaddlers etc. I personally find swaddlers good for up to 6months and then baby dry.

At the end of the day each kid is different so while my son leaks through huggies after 2 hrs he can sleep a night in pampers with no problem (so long as I change him when he wakes up!). Luvs gives him diaper rash as do any other cheap brand.

I would buy a small pack of huggies and a small pack of luvs or whatever other brand and try them out see which you are happy with.

Lady Bug

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 10:37 am
Maybe you need to go a size up? Also, are you still using swaddlers, because the cruisers give more room for active children. I like pampers brand the best, but I am very happy with the Target Up & Up ones, which I buy since its way cheaper.

MMCH

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 10:40 am
target brand fan over here!!

used pampers, only bc someone sent us a YEARS worth of diapers with my first (nicest present btw)

and then switched to target. the price is unbeatable, and I found them to be great.

oatmealcookies

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 10:51 am
I dont think its a sizing issue, I started using the baby dry which claims to last 12 hours, well it doesnt. So they told me that every baby is different, well then dont make a claim that it lasts 12 hours if there are exceptions. It just annoys me that I pay more for pampers and I am getting a crappy product. The cruisers were okay but they are even more and my baby goes through a lot of diapers, I cant even keep track of how much we spend on diapers.

lk1234

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 10:58 am
oatmealcookies- YES! the baby dry DO NOT work. Literally every single diaper change (even by day!) my baby would be soaked through. I just yesterday returned the baby dry diapers to amazon for a refund.

I got the size based on my babies weight. It seems like they are cheaping out on the cotton or whatever they put to absorb the wetness.

Based on the responses- I am going to try target diapers and see if they work.

I am sick of those baby dries.

gumgum

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 11:01 am
I have been using luvs since my baby was born and he is 16 mnths nw.
I used other brands like huggies when it went on sale but I always regretted buying it cuz luvs r the best. my ds never leaks and I thinnk they are one of the cheapest brands

Lady Bug

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 11:12 am
If you liked the cruisers then try the target brand. I find them to be comparable.

Cookies n Cream

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 11:15 am
I've tried Pampers Baby Dry, Huggies, Luvs, Target (which is rhe same as ShopRite and Cuties and I think Walgreens too....
I'm happiest with Luvs.

ShirleyTemple

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 11:20 am
I use Kirkland, the Costco brand and I'm happy with it. My son does wake up drenched in the morning but I think he'd be so with any brand.

Maya

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 11:24 am
I alternate between Huggies and Pampers.

ntm1

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 11:57 am
Big fan of Target Up and Up... I used them for my twins for 2.5-3 years and couldn't be happier!! I would definately try them.

phillymom

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 12:01 pm
I used to use the Kirland (costco) brand but since moving, we don't have a costco nearby.
I've been using target brand for quite a while and I'm thrilled with it.
My experience with babies leaking is b/c of 1) I need to move up a size, perhaps only for the night) and 2)I need to change them as quietly and gently as possible before I go into bed for the night to give them a fighting chance to make it to the morning.

boro parker

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 12:03 pm
I've been using Cuties for the past 18 months and am very satisfied.

STMommy

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 12:15 pm
Another vote here for the Costco brand!

shirtsandskirts

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 12:30 pm
Target all the way. DD leaked out of everything else. and they are cheap too. If you become a cartwheel member you can save even more.

nancy

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 12:48 pm
Ditto for target brand, amazing and inexpensive

SplitPea

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 12:54 pm
Lets see our current favs are good mamas with a thristies cover and rainshine designs pockets Smile

I should mention we use cloth! Don't be scared to try! No leaks! no buying diapers all the time. You can use them from kid to kid and its only one load of laundry every other day!!!

No chemicals, no rashes, no rushing out to buy diapers at midnight, no poop splosions, no fuss Smile

mosma

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 1:25 pm
My son has a feeding tube to pump water to his kidneys so we have become diaper experts.
We use pampers cruisers for during the day because they're super soft (and of course, because they have elmo), and huggies overnights at night because they are they only ones that never leak.
The only annoying thing about the cruisers is that they get huge when DS pees in them but it's a good thing I guess because it makes him get changed more often!
I found luvs to be awful, huggies are scratchy, and all the other ones he leaked through.
But again, he is peeing about 50 ounces more than the average 18 month old, so the leaking issues may not happen for others.

smss

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 1:36 pm
I hate pampers too. I think they are total garbage, the off-brand israeli diapers work better than they do. I like huggies.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics