Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Divorce group - Sister to Sister? Other resources?

seeker

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 11:26 pm
Asking for a friend. I remember hearing about an organization for divorced women. Anyone know 1) how to become a member of it, and 2) what do they do? I know someone who is so alone in the world and I'm just not able to help her. I wish there were someone who could... She is trying so hard to put her life together again, but I just have no clue how anyone can do it with zero support in the world. She asked if I could watch her babies while she pursues some employment and I WISH I could and my heart goes out to her but I am in so far over my head with my own responsibilities already I just don't think it would be a favor to anyone (least of all my own kids) to take them in. But where else is she to turn?! Until she gets a job, she can't afford childcare, and until she gets childcare, she can't get a job! Even government vouchers you can only get if you can already show you have a job you need it for, and how are you supposed to get a job in the first place with several little ones tagging along?! I can barely get my two to the corner grocery in one piece! Well, maybe that's a reflection on my own incompetence, but still. Sorry to have turned this into a total sadness vent but please help me figure out what someone like this can do! Really truly no support, no family, ex is totally gonzo (which is already a major improvement over what he was before, believe me. But definitely no help) and no real friends besides maybe me and one other person who also helps by trying to steer her towards bigger resources because neither of us is really equipped to help personally.

crbc

Post Wed, Dec 04 2013, 5:53 am
Hi seeker, I have a friend who is in Sister to sister, I ll B'H ask her tonight. I believe there are also several FB groups - will ask her. Also there is divorce section on Imamother, if your friend wants to join

seeker

Post Wed, Dec 04 2013, 9:54 am
Thanks, crbc. Fortunately for her, she's not an internet junkie like me so I'm looking mainly for offline resources.

Sherri

Post Wed, Dec 04 2013, 11:15 am
http://sistertosisternetwork.org/

I think that her needs are part of the mission statement of Sister to Sister, to help single mothers become independent- I strongly recommend she is in contact with them to start the process.

Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics