Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Wud u wear it?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Fri, Dec 06 2013, 12:41 pm
Wud u wear a bright colored skirt? Like orange, hot pink, green... im talking for the summer. Either the straight cotton ones or the straight denim fabric. If yeah, which fabric wud u wear?

raqsmama

Post Fri, Dec 06 2013, 12:42 pm
I wear cotton straight skirts that fall below the knee.

greenfire

Post Fri, Dec 06 2013, 12:45 pm
I wear what I wear when I wear it ... especially if it's green Mr. Green

Shana_H

Post Fri, Dec 06 2013, 12:51 pm
Here's how I get dressed in the morning, I open my closet and see what "jumps" out at me, depending on my mood, I've got all colours and lengths!

yo'ma

Post Fri, Dec 06 2013, 12:54 pm
Shana_H wrote:
Here's how I get dressed in the morning, I open my closet and see what "jumps" out at me, depending on my mood, I've got all colours and lengths!

Well, if you have the bright ones, they'll probably be the ones that jump out the most Wink . Like the other posters, I wear whatever I want as long as it covers my knees and not too tight.

You might want to post this in a different section, not for the whole board because I don't understand the question. Lots of posters here also wear pants.

Dolly Welsh

Post Fri, Dec 06 2013, 1:01 pm
That puts the observer's eye right on the tush. You might be better with a black skirt, and brightness above the waist. More slim. Whatever is bright always looks bigger.

If you love bright colors, but want to look taller, or thinner, wear black top and skirt, and a bright scarf at the neck or on the head.

If you are already tall enough, top and bottom can contrast sharply. But your waist should be slim for that. The point where the contrast is, that is where the eye is going to be drawn. If the skirt and top are very different colors, that means the waist.

If you are a talking modesty issue, and I think you are, er, a bright colored skirt won't get you a prize in that. It may not look that good, either, aside from that.

A very, very slim, very young woman, probably a secular one, can look sharp in a hot pink skirt and a black top. But she won't look like a frum Jew.

I think there is a risk of being laughed at, here. Careful.

MaBelleVie

Post Fri, Dec 06 2013, 1:05 pm
Neon? No. Bright colors like kelly green, tangerine orange? Yup. Love me some color! I don't wear black skirts. They tend to age the wearer, unless it's part of a professional look. But luckily I don't have to wear professional attire Smile

amother

Post Fri, Dec 06 2013, 1:46 pm
amother wrote:
Wud u wear a bright colored skirt? Like orange, hot pink, green... im talking for the summer. Either the straight cotton ones or the straight denim fabric. If yeah, which fabric wud u wear?
NO!
Like dolly said "That puts the observer's eye right on the tush."

Barbara

Post Fri, Dec 06 2013, 2:00 pm
Dolly Welsh wrote:
That puts the observer's eye right on the tush. You might be better with a black skirt, and brightness above the waist. More slim. Whatever is bright always looks bigger.

If you love bright colors, but want to look taller, or thinner, wear black top and skirt, and a bright scarf at the neck or on the head.

If you are already tall enough, top and bottom can contrast sharply. But your waist should be slim for that. The point where the contrast is, that is where the eye is going to be drawn. If the skirt and top are very different colors, that means the waist.

If you are a talking modesty issue, and I think you are, er, a bright colored skirt won't get you a prize in that. It may not look that good, either, aside from that.

A very, very slim, very young woman, probably a secular one, can look sharp in a hot pink skirt and a black top. But she won't look like a frum Jew.

Well, if wearing a bright colored bottom means the eyes are drawn to your butt, then wearing a bright colored top or scarf must mean that you want everyone to stare at your breasts.

That's it. Black, and nothing but black, from now on.

sequoia

Post Fri, Dec 06 2013, 2:03 pm
Yes! Smile

mille

Post Fri, Dec 06 2013, 2:06 pm
Of course I would. I usually wear a colored skirt and black top when I'm going out to something casual-but-nice aka skirt appropriate but not fancy enough for a dress.

greenfire

Post Fri, Dec 06 2013, 2:12 pm
Barbara wrote:

Well, if wearing a bright colored bottom means the eyes are drawn to your butt, then wearing a bright colored top or scarf must mean that you want everyone to stare at your breasts.

not just black ... but a burqa too ... let's not forget black panty liners ...

DrMom

Post Sat, Dec 07 2013, 12:22 pm
I would (and do). If it's summer, then light cotton or silk (for dressing up). Paired with a simple black or white top.

People aren't going to "stare at my tush" unless said skirt is too tight, or unless they are tush fetishists who will stare no matter what I wear.

westerner

Post Sat, Dec 07 2013, 12:59 pm
im a pretty conservative/boring dresser, but I have a few summery skirts that are tourquoise, green, maroon, purple, red. those are the bright colors I can think of...

amother

Post Sat, Dec 07 2013, 4:17 pm
No because I don't like overly bright colours I like colours which are pleasant and easy on the eyes and I don't like to draw so much attention to what I am wearing because of its colour, but to COMPLIMENT my appearance.

amother

Post Sat, Dec 07 2013, 6:47 pm
Op here. I was wondering, cuz I stepped into a store which sold the meme skirts and I loved them. They come in all great colors and I was wondering if it makes sense to wear it. I guess each to their own.
Thanks for ur replies.

dancingqueen

Post Sat, Dec 07 2013, 7:27 pm
Barbara wrote:
Dolly Welsh wrote:

This. Plus, if anything, a black pencil skirt is considered the s-xiest.

I would definitely wear a colored skirt, with a solid or complementing top.

wife2

Post Sat, Dec 07 2013, 8:38 pm
Barbara wrote:

People who won't wear a bright colored skirt wouldn't wear a bright colored top either. It is this point exactly - bright colors are attention grabbing. Again, I am assuming you are asking about hot pink and neon bright colors which either on top or bottom some people will not wear for tznius reasons as they are attention grabbing colors. Most people don't notice or look twice at those who wear darker or more neutral or paler colors but these flashing colors make you stand out. Asking "would you wear it" on imamother will give you every answer in the book from no way to of course, for sure, why not. As we do not know where you hold in terms of being yeshivish or just plain frum of who knows what, why does it matter if someone here would wear it? You will get answers condoning this if that is what you are looking for and you will get answers saying it is prohibited if that is what you are looking for. You have to do what you believe is right.

amother

Post Sat, Dec 07 2013, 9:26 pm
amother wrote:
No because I don't like overly bright colours I like colours which are pleasant and easy on the eyes and I don't like to draw so much attention to what I am wearing because of its colour, but to COMPLIMENT my appearance.

do you have talking clothing or do they COMPLEMENT your appearance?

MaBelleVie

Post Sat, Dec 07 2013, 9:46 pm
amother wrote:
Op here. I was wondering, cuz I stepped into a store which sold the meme skirts and I loved them. They come in all great colors and I was wondering if it makes sense to wear it. I guess each to their own.
Thanks for ur replies.

Are you talking about those short jersey pencil skirts? If so, then no, I would not wear them in any color. Most of the time women look like they're wearing spanx and forgot to put a skirt on top.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics