Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Relative's Names and Mentor's Name?

amother

Post Sun, Dec 08 2013, 4:16 pm
Expecting in a few months...several women (including grandmothers) in the family to name for...but I was very close to Mrs. Chaya Newman, principal of Bruriah High School. Do I even open the can of worms and consider incorporating her name into our options as well?

Ruchel

Post Sun, Dec 08 2013, 4:21 pm
I personally put family first, always, no matter what. Because without them I WOULDNT BE THERE, period.

Now, if they have someone named for them (Jewish), it's already different. Maybe use Chaya as a second or third name.

greenfire

Post Sun, Dec 08 2013, 4:23 pm
can you incorporate them

amother

Post Sun, Dec 15 2013, 10:52 pm
Problem is that NONE of the names "work well" together...and I won't give a name then not use it...

As for the "wouldn't be there without them"- I'm fairly certain that in ways other than the biological, I would not be where I am without my high school principal. I considered her another grandmother.

We've tried to combine her name with family names, family names with other family names, family names with random names we like...nothing really sounds good.

Naming is stressful.

finallyamommy

Post Mon, Dec 16 2013, 11:03 am
Since you're anon anyway, do you feel comfortable sharing some of the other names and we could help you pair them?

I feel like I only EVER hear Chaya as part of a double name, actually. Chaya Sara, Chaya Rivka, Chaya Rochel, Chaya Leah, Chaya Bracha, Chaya Miriam, Miriam Chaya, Chaya Liba, Chaya Esther, Esther Chaya, Chaya Rus, Chaya Basya, Chaya Menucha, Chaya Nechama are just some of the people I know (or know of) with that name, and most of them go by both names.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 16 2013, 11:13 am
Would rather not list the other names- but they are VERY "classic" Biblical names and to me, any way we combine them, they just sound boring. Overused. Sad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names