Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Help me find a double

shirtsandskirts

Post Mon, Dec 09 2013, 7:47 pm
I am most interested in the britax-b-ready as I love that it's convertible, and how nice it pushes, I am just worried because I hear that it's heavy and I live on the second floor so it means I would have to bring it up and downstairs every time I go out. Would you recommend it?

What else would you recommend if not that? I am not so into the city mini just cause I feel everyone has it and it's so big, I like the look of inline better. But is it really better?

All advice appreciated.
Thanks.

chay

Post Mon, Dec 09 2013, 8:22 pm
also live in a second floor, bought the citi mini gt, there is a good reason everyone has it ;-). It is a really great stroller. Crazy easy to fold, comfy for the kids. not that heavy to bounce up. BH really happy with it.
Sorry if this isn't what you want to hear...

medola

Post Mon, Dec 09 2013, 8:49 pm
I love my Phil &Teds double! I think I have the Sport? The second is a smaller seat that's sorta tucked under the big seat (and it's detachable to make it a single). I also got an attachment bar so that I could snap in the baby when he was in his car seat. It's jogging stroller style so you have the three big wheels,, which are great for side walks and stairs.

medola

Post Mon, Dec 09 2013, 8:50 pm
Meant to add that it's also very narrow, like the same footprint as a single jogging stroller so it's super easy to take in to the stores and navigate narrow aisles and side walks.

chatouli

Post Mon, Dec 09 2013, 9:37 pm
DunkinLover wrote:
I am most interested in the britax-b-ready as I love that it's convertible, and how nice it pushes, I am just worried because I hear that it's heavy and I live on the second floor so it means I would have to bring it up and downstairs every time I go out. Would you recommend it?

What else would you recommend if not that? I am not so into the city mini just cause I feel everyone has it and it's so big, I like the look of inline better. But is it really better?

All advice appreciated.
Thanks.

I had the regular Citi Mini double at first and sold it after a few months. It is not the right stroller for you if you have to bump it up stairs - the brake is in the way and the wheels are too small. The reasons I didn't like it were because it was too wide (was a pain in stores and to get in and out of my elevator and building) and also because it was not comfy for my son who has very broad shoulders. He would cry whenever I put him in it.

Maybe the citi mini GT is different?

I now have the Britax B Ready. It is definitely better. However, I find that when I have two kids in it, I really need two hands to push it. It's not the greatest push in the world but for a double, it's really not so bad. The push on the Citi Mini was definitely easier and smoother. The Britax is not so bad to fold - you can fold it with both seats attached, although it's too heavy for me to lift into my trunk that way, so I end up taking the big seat off (it's easier to take off than the second seat).

The wheels are big enough that I believe you could bump it up and down stairs. It will be pretty heavy though. I assume you plan to bring it up and down stairs without the kids in it, right?

Honestly, if I still lived in a walk up, I would probably use a Maclaren or similar umbrella stroller with the older child and just put the baby in an Ergo. I could not imagine bumping a double up and down a flight of stairs every day. (I lived in a walkup with one child and bumped my UppaBaby Vista up and down the steps every day with no problems.)

shirtsandskirts

Post Wed, Dec 11 2013, 6:19 am
Thanks. Anyone else have the britax b ready and uses it as a double who can give your thoughts on it?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics