Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Help Wanted
Student card in Israel, anyone?
1  2  Next

Dolly1

Post Tue, Dec 10 2013, 5:06 am
Can anybody help me? I need a student card! Where can I make one in Israel, or any international one, free of charge?

ally

Post Tue, Dec 10 2013, 5:26 am
Generally you obtain one through the institute where you are enrolled?

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Dec 10 2013, 5:28 am
Dolly1 wrote:
Can anybody help me? I need a student card! Where can I make one in Israel, or any international one, free of charge?
I agree with ally. Why dont you ask the institute that you are a student of. Otherwise, this is not something that is just made for people, unless they are a student of a specific institution.

DrMom

Post Tue, Dec 10 2013, 5:41 am
Are you a student?

Dolly1

Post Tue, Dec 10 2013, 6:18 am
DrMom wrote:
Are you a student?

I am a college student...

so far I have not yet heard of any colleges here that provide their students with student cards...

tizunabi

Post Tue, Dec 10 2013, 6:38 am
I have one from school. You can also usually get one from issta . also many times you ishur limudim is enough

shalhevet

Post Tue, Dec 10 2013, 6:45 am
Dolly1 wrote:
DrMom wrote:
Are you a student?

so far I have not yet heard of any colleges here that provide their students with student cards...

Ask in the college office. You get it through the institution.

Dolly1

Post Tue, Dec 10 2013, 6:51 am
shalhevet wrote:
Dolly1 wrote:
DrMom wrote:
Are you a student?

I´ve done that! That's why I´m asking if there are any other places I can get one....
Thanks for trying to help!

Tamiri

Post Tue, Dec 10 2013, 8:04 am
This is an odd post. Are you learning at an accredited institution? I mean, in this country even Bnai Akiva gives out a card! It's strange that your school won't. Are you a bona-fide registered student?

shalhevet

Post Tue, Dec 10 2013, 8:29 am
Dolly1 wrote:
shalhevet wrote:
Dolly1 wrote:
DrMom wrote:
Are you a student?

I´ve done that! That's why I´m asking if there are any other places I can get one....

If they can't give you one, I agree with Tamiri that they probably aren't an accredited institution. I mean, just because someone opens a private College for Coaching Cats, won't get their enrollees student status. Would you like to tell us where you study?

achot613

Post Tue, Dec 10 2013, 8:46 am
I agree that this sounds a bit fishy....
As soon as I started college here I was given a student card and then the agas student org thing would give out new stickers every year for them. Gl!

Dolly1

Post Tue, Dec 10 2013, 9:18 am
shalhevet wrote:
Dolly1 wrote:
shalhevet wrote:
Dolly1 wrote:
DrMom wrote:
Are you a student?

If they can't give you one, I agree with Tamiri that they probably aren't an accredited institution. I mean, just because someone opens a private College for Coaching Cats, won't get their enrollees student status. Would you like to tell us where you study?

It isn't just any private junky college!!! It´s a prestigious "AMERICAN" college, with a branch in Israel!!! If you cant help, I understand, but it definitely isn't helpful to just poke fun of places you don't know! Mad

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Dec 10 2013, 9:20 am
Dolly1 wrote:
shalhevet wrote:
Dolly1 wrote:
shalhevet wrote:
Dolly1 wrote:
DrMom wrote:
Are you a student?

It isn't just any private junky college!!! It´s a prestigious "AMERICAN" college, with a branch in Israel!!! If you cant help, I understand, but it definitely isn't helpful to just poke fun of places you don't know! Mad
Im going to go out on a limb and say we are talking about something like touro or landers college? I am sure you are not the first to ask them for this. Find the right channels, in whatever school it is (if it is one that I mentioned or not) and see what you can do.
They should really be able to do this for you.

westerner

Post Tue, Dec 10 2013, 10:56 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Dolly1 wrote:
shalhevet wrote:
Dolly1 wrote:
shalhevet wrote:
Dolly1 wrote:
DrMom wrote:
Are you a student?

Im going to go out on a limb and say we are talking about something like touro or landers college? I am sure you are not the first to ask them for this. Find the right channels, in whatever school it is (if it is one that I mentioned or not) and see what you can do.

I agree...this sounds like touro to me alright! esp the part about them not being able to issue student cards. sorry op- I dont think anyone is poking fun of you- it just sounds absurd that an actual accredted college/univeristy/intitution of higher learning- if it is legitimate- wouldnt issue student cards. I use my student card daily- it is the only way I can get into and out of many buildings without having to undergo extensive secuirty checks, in some places it is how I get into and out of parking lots for free, and its also what I use to get hefty discounts on stuff like movie tickes and (a bit more important !-->) train tickets. oh. and arnona. so how can you not have one? this all just sounds a bit absurd and you should fight whoever it may be, to get one!

ButterflyGarden

Post Tue, Dec 10 2013, 8:13 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Dolly1 wrote:
shalhevet wrote:
Dolly1 wrote:
shalhevet wrote:
Dolly1 wrote:
DrMom wrote:
Are you a student?

They are not accredited in Israel. In fact they do not accept Israeli students because of that.

DrMom

Post Wed, Dec 11 2013, 12:36 am
I don't get it. You asked your college to issue you a student card and they just said , "No" ?

Did you email the someone on the US office of this American college to see if they can issue you a card?

Dolly1

Post Wed, Dec 11 2013, 6:02 am
Has anybody heard about the ISIC student card? (the international one)

DrMom

Post Wed, Dec 11 2013, 6:26 am
According to their website, you need documentation. I assume that includes enrollment info from your current college.

Do students at the US branch of the American university which you attend get issued student ID cards? Have you contacted them? This should be a straightforward matter.

Dolly1

Post Wed, Dec 11 2013, 6:56 am
DrMom wrote:
According to their website, you need documentation. I assume that includes enrollment info from your current college.

Do students at the US branch of the American university which you attend get issued student ID cards? Have you contacted them? This should be a straightforward matter.

Yes! The students in America get student cards. it just the ones learning here in Israel who are not getting it

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Dec 11 2013, 7:38 am
Dolly1 wrote:
DrMom wrote:

Yes! The students in America get student cards. it just the ones learning here in Israel who are not getting it
Tachlis, what do you need the card for? Cant you show proof of studying another way? At least for certain things.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics