Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Hooray, A New forum on ORGANIZING!

cheerios

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 8:05 pm
Hooray! We got an organizing forum! Very Happy Thanks, Yael! Now I can't wait to hear the tips, advice, and ideas from all our organized balabustas!

Hmm... let's see if I can think of a tip to start off with.
Oh, here's one idea in helping you to decide where things go: Sort your stuff by how often you use it. Things you use very often get an A, often gets a B, seldom gets a C, and hardly ever gets a D. Then put the most often used items in easy reach and less often used stuff further away. This seems like common sense (it is Smile ) but... Why (for exmaple) are the spices in your spice rack that you haven't used in a year using up your best, most accessible space? How about clothes that you never wear, sitting there in the front or middle of your closet. They should all be D space, put far far away, Like your pesach dishes. Think about this as you are going through your stuff, cleaning for pesach and deciding where things belong. You can use this idea in every room of your house. Just ask yourself: "Do I want this item taking up my prime space?" Good luck, and happy cleaning!

greenfire

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 8:07 pm
Am I allowed in here? Wink

shayna82

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 8:08 pm
tip:1

clean out one room completley, putting stuff that dosnt belong there in one pile, or in a box instead of going in the middle to put that item where it does belong. finish the whole room first, then put that stuff away. when your done, and you dont have time to do another room, or space- at least you can relish in your accomplishment that one room is entirely and completley done. works for me, it can work for you too

tip:2

every other day, clean your bathroom sink, and toilet bowl, and wipe off the tub rim. it will keep your bathroom from getting dirty to the point that u say yuck. ive been doing this for years and it really makes a difference

mimivan

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 8:18 pm
greenfire wrote:
Am I allowed in here? Wink

Greenfire, if I'm allowed in here, you are certainly allowed in here! Wink

cheerios

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 8:26 pm
Quote:
Am I allowed in here?

who do you think it's for, green?[/quote]

cheerios

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 8:28 pm
Everyone is invited and guess what, I think we can ALL learn something from here, whatever level you're up to.

mumoo

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 8:36 pm
don't buy it if you don't have a place for it or can't make a place for it

greenfire

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 8:41 pm
but I belong to slobs anonymous

thanks for letting me in Mr. Green

I'll try ,,,

queen

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 9:24 pm
what a great forum!!!!!! I love organizing and buying containers to organize things appropriately!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MyKidsRQte

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 9:31 pm
lol, green-you & me, both

maybe we can ask Yael for a new forum, slobs anonymous

lotte

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 9:33 pm
The Container Store-the one & only store to organize your home & your life!

greenfire

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 9:35 pm
NY2434 wrote:
lol, green-you & me, both

maybe we can ask Yael for a new forum, slobs anonymous

oh I already started one in the "I'm a Slob" post ... you didn't join yet?!?!

roza

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 11:42 pm

me too, me too, great forum section!

Now, just a week ago I bought many clear containers at Ikea, I like clear, see through containers, no need for labeling...
They are also stackable and, I think, have a great price too.

ny21

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 11:51 pm
this is a good idea LOL

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 10:07 am
that's very nice!

GramaNewYork

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 8:28 pm
By the time you become a Grandma, you may have hundreds (thousands?) of photos accumulated. The first few hundred may have been put in albums but the last few hundred are not. I want to start organizing them and I am looking for a good kind of album...hopefully a binder so I can add plastic page refills that will hold all sizes of photos. I looked on ebay and google and didn't really see anything like that. Does anyone have their photos of different sizes organized in a way that they like?

chen

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 9:08 pm
the different sizes is the kicker. I have years of 4 by 6-es and smaller lined up like index cards in a file box, in more-or-less chronological order, but bigger pix don't fit in the box. fortunately we have relatively few larger pix.

I used to use the black scrapbook-type of photo album with the adhesive corners to attach the pix, but besides being a real chore, the pages eventually disintegrate (I rehabbed one album with new covers and pages three times in about 15 years and finally gave up . ever since woolworth's went out of business, I can't find those albums or the adhesive corners, anyhow.)

try asking a professional simcha photographer. they sometimes assemble albums by inserting pix inside heavy plastic sleeves--though that still doesn't solve the multiple-size problem, unless you use matting around smaller pix.

when you figure somethign out, let me know!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics