Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Night Job from home
Previous  1  2

gp2.0

Post Mon, Dec 23 2013, 7:52 pm
amother wrote:
gp2.0 wrote:
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
I mark writings for a local high school. Don't know if this is of interest to you, but it makes decent money and I work on my own hours. You can also grade tests for teachers.

What is mark writings?

As in grade correct edit comment on etc high school writing assignments, reports, essays etc

That's really interesting! I kinda thought that was the teacher's job as the whole point of homework is for the teacher to assess student progress. That said, I would love that kind of job! How did you get it?

Actually, I teach literature and writing. Some high schools pay for it and some times the teachers themselves do. The amount of marking a hs writing teacher has is overwhelming! Some years I have had others mark for me and some years I have marked for others. Some schools don't allow for this because they want the teachers themselves to do the marking, which in theory I totally agree with, but when I marked for others I always made myself available to discuss the marks and writings with the students.
If this is something you' re interested in doing, try contacting your local high schools. Better yet, try contacting writing teachers themselves. As far as grading test, you could advertise, hang up signs in local schools, with the hanhalas permission, or spread the word! Best of luck!

Thanks! What's the standard pay for this kind of work?

octopus

Post Mon, Dec 23 2013, 7:53 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
octopus wrote:
p3 from your house? ppl are always looking for evening hour p3's.

What is a p3

Can you post a link

tutoring through the board of education reading/math.

Fabulous

Post Mon, Dec 23 2013, 7:54 pm
octopus wrote:
naturalmom5 wrote:
octopus wrote:
p3 from your house? ppl are always looking for evening hour p3's.

What is a p3

Can you post a link

tutoring through the board of education reading/math.

it's not only reading and math (that's title 1), it could be any relevant english subject.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 23 2013, 7:55 pm
Hard to say. Depends on where you live and what kind of arrangement you have but from my experience where I live, 20-25 an hour. Not great but I enjoy the work and I'm my own boss.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers