Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Anyone taking Dina Friedman's Mastery course?

sycmy

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 3:46 pm
Hi,

I am currently taking Dina Friedman's Mastery course..I was on her parenting and advanced..I really enjoyed and learned a ton from Dina thus far..She is very inspiring..Her lessons are absolutely great!

Mastery class is very different than her other 2 courses..We can't ask questions on her message center this time and have quiet a few..

Anyone on imamother that is on the Mastery course??

granolamom

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 5:12 pm
I am!
I'm enjoying this course so much! I think its much better than the level 2 that I took last time. She's revamped it and presenting it in a more logical way (imo).

sycmy

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 6:07 pm
Right! She is presenting it a lot more in a practical way versus last time it was strictly the demartini method except for her last few lessons..

But, I don't know why, certain stuff she shared, which although seem logical are so different to me than what I was raised with and I am kind of having a hard time making fully sense of it...I do see participants having the same issue, based on questions being asked..

Do you feel the same way??

return2You

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 6:13 pm
I took the advanced course and parenting course but was scared to do tthe mastery bec last time I was really disappointed. as the year goes by,im really missing not having joined and I keep wondering if I am missing out....is it really so different from her advanced course? how so? does it have a chavrusa system?

granolamom

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 6:40 pm
sycmy wrote:
Right! She is presenting it a lot more in a practical way versus last time it was strictly the demartini method except for her last few lessons..

But, I don't know why, certain stuff she shared, which although seem logical are so different to me than what I was raised with and I am kind of having a hard time making fully sense of it...I do see participants having the same issue, based on questions being asked..

Do you feel the same way??

alot of the concepts are very different from the way I was raised...in a good way. for me, its like oh THAT makes sense!
what are you having a hard time with?

granolamom

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 6:42 pm
return2You wrote:
I took the advanced course and parenting course but was scared to do tthe mastery bec last time I was really disappointed. as the year goes by,im really missing not having joined and I keep wondering if I am missing out....is it really so different from her advanced course? how so? does it have a chavrusa system?

I had a hard time with the last Level 2 course even though the demartini method is amazing. so far, the mastery course is alot better, but this was only week 7. and yes, there is an option of being paired up with a chavrusa.

sycmy

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 7:16 pm
I don't want you to get me wrong. I absolutely am enjoying her lessons immensely. I had a ton of success stories already and it's only week 7. As far as her last course I found it much more intense and harder to be on board right away. But, she is planing to bring on demartini method on this course and that involves a lot more work. So far it's not too heavy, I am kind of handling it just fine and have learnt a ton!

I started typing up here my questions I had and I am not sure if I feel comfortable bringing it up here. They did give me a chavrusa should really give her a call and discuss it with her.

For whoever who was hesitating, If there is a possibility to join, I am telling you it's worth every dollar!

mommy2

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 7:36 pm
I thought it was the same as the advanced course so I didn't join:(. is it really different? I would've joined.

sycmy

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 7:43 pm
So far it's different.

Sherri

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 8:57 pm
Can you give us an idea of what it's about?

lk1234

Post Sat, Dec 28 2013, 11:25 pm
bump

seeker

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 12:53 am
I am curious in what way it conflicts with ideas you held previously. This could be important to people considering joining the class, to decide whether it is an approach they feel comfortable with.

granolamom

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 10:35 am
seeker wrote:
I am curious in what way it conflicts with ideas you held previously. This could be important to people considering joining the class, to decide whether it is an approach they feel comfortable with.

could be lots of people are already in the know, but alot of these things were new to me. like why we do mitzvos (not for hashems benefit), our ability to relate to (and expand) our neshama, the concept of finding benefit in formerly labeled 'bad' middos. the power of setting intention, that we have the ability to choose the life we want to live. I mean I had heard all of this in school but never with a practical 'how to' or with deep explanations. it was more didactic, teachers told us and we were supposed to believe it which is very different than knowing it and experiencing it. I dont know how to explain it better.

seeker

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 10:49 am
Thank you for explaining. That actually doesn't sound so revolutionary to me, so that was a very useful explanation! No longer scared off, should I decide to take this course someday!

lk1234

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 12:44 pm
granolamom- I took the advanced course a year ago. Is this the same or different? Is it very different as in totally new concepts or the same concepts with different presentation?

thank you!

lk1234

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 12:48 pm
I'm asking because I am seriously considering signing up for the course based on the information thats in this thread.

granolamom

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 2:37 pm
lk1234 wrote:
granolamom- I took the advanced course a year ago. Is this the same or different? Is it very different as in totally new concepts or the same concepts with different presentation?

thank you!

so far, the presentation is very different. more logical, less stuff about figuring out your main areas of life and values, that confused me last time around. this is more work on level 2/level 1 (like the stuff that was in one of the four 'extra classes' from last time) and how to get there. so far, I am happy I signed up. by the way, if you took the advanced class last time, she is offering this course at a steep discount for past participants.

I cant say if you should do it or not, its only at week 7 so far.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics