Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Raleigh Hotel Womens Recharge Retreat
1  2  3  4  5  Next

ennasor

Post Tue, Dec 31 2013, 7:01 pm
Has anyone ever gone to this Womens Recharge Retreat at the Raleigh Hotel? I believe this is the 3rd year or so it is happening and I'm tempted to go--even tho I'm not black hat or chassidish--I'm just an ordinary Jew....any thoughts or opinions...?!!!

amother

Post Tue, Dec 31 2013, 7:10 pm
You're not black hat?
Do you wear a bekeshe?

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Dec 31 2013, 11:22 pm
I'm thinkig of going this year! anyone else?

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Dec 31 2013, 11:28 pm
When is it? And how much? Is it a chassidish thing or really for anyone? What type of program do they have?

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Dec 31 2013, 11:43 pm

ennasor

Post Wed, Jan 01 2014, 4:35 am
thanx to whoever posted the ad--I decided to go--let's see what happens--I hope I don't feel TOO out of place!! Basically I need a ( sort of affordable) change of scenery, plus not having to cook...and I have nothing on the calendar workwise for those two days!

marina

Post Wed, Jan 01 2014, 10:19 am
I don't understand how people are paying so much for two days! It's 750 dollars after the discount!

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jan 01 2014, 10:21 am
I love that the refreshments are fresh LOL and the crafts and moving inspirational stories are sooo like Imamother! but in real life! Wink

oodlesofnoodles

Post Wed, Jan 01 2014, 10:21 am
Why do they charge $75 for a nursing infant? The baby is not eating nor participating in activities. Also it bothers me that they charge extra for a crib, no other hotel does that.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 01 2014, 10:52 am
Marina, its coming up as 520 for me, double occupancy.

wispalover

Post Wed, Jan 01 2014, 10:55 am
oodlesofnoodles wrote:
Why do they charge $75 for a nursing infant? The baby is not eating nor participating in activities. Also it bothers me that they charge extra for a crib, no other hotel does that.

I noticed that too. Who charges for a nursing infant? Maybe it is a fee for daycare?

wispalover

Post Wed, Jan 01 2014, 10:56 am
amother wrote:
Marina, its coming up as 520 for me, double occupancy.

But for people who go with no-one, I doubt they want to share a room with someone they don't know.. at least.. I wouldn't. So, you need to look at the price for single occupancy.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 01 2014, 11:31 am
wispalover wrote:
But for people who go with no-one, I doubt they want to share a room with someone they don't know.. at least.. I wouldn't. So, you need to look at the price for single occupancy.

I don't know anyone going, but I would share room. It could be fun and it would save money.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jan 01 2014, 11:31 am
Room sharing can be hell too!

wispalover

Post Wed, Jan 01 2014, 11:41 am
amother wrote:
I don't know anyone going, but I would share room. It could be fun and it would save money.

Wat if your roomate snored? Or liked to speak to her DH last thing at night? Or like to snack in the evening? Or watches TV and you don't? Or uses a computer or smartphone that you might object to?

It's bad enough sharing with girls you do know sometimes, never mind those you don't.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Jan 01 2014, 1:30 pm
It's not $750. It's $595 I think. and yes, the $75 is for babysitting.
I'm thinking of going if I can make it work - childcare for my other 2 kids, the money (I just did 2 side jobs freelancing, if I get paid on time I can do it) - I need to get away and recharge very badly. Let's see if I can work it out....

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Jan 01 2014, 1:35 pm
I have no problem sharing a room with a stranger. I did that for 11 days in aishes chayil. the only issue is that I'm bringing a nursing baby along bh so my roomie needs to be aware that she may wake up (briefly) from my baby. He falls asleep again right away and does not 'cry all night', but he does wake once.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jan 01 2014, 1:52 pm
I have gone to retreats. they cost gelt; someone has to fly in the speakers and entertainment and possibly pay them, and catered food costs a lot more than sale stuff you can get at home. If it's three full days and 2 nights, that's what it costs to go to a hotel.

I have also had roommates at the different retreats I've gone to; sometimes it's OK and other times it kind of spoils the fun. If you are going to do all the activities, then it hardly matters. If you plan on sleeping a lot and resting in your room, then you either want someone you know or you don't want a roommate, even though it costs more.

marina

Post Wed, Jan 01 2014, 1:52 pm
ok 600 is still a lot... and how long does the afterglow last?

smss

Post Wed, Jan 01 2014, 3:00 pm
marina wrote:
ok 600 is still a lot... and how long does the afterglow last?

I think retreats like this are geared to those for whom 600 is not a lot Confused
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics