Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Steak Recipes please...

rd5081

Post Tue, Dec 31 2013, 8:28 pm
Hi! I have not grown up eating to many meat kinda suppers and my husband is strictly on a no carb diet and wants me to make lots of meat, but I have no experience or good recipes. I Dont have an indoor grill either.. If thats what I need to invest in to get good meat ideas then ill do that...
But does anyone have any other good recipes that a grill arent needed for? I would need exact directions and ingredients since I have no experience whatsoever...
Thanks all!

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Dec 31 2013, 8:43 pm
You want it dry. Pat with a paper towel.
Cut into strips; it cooks faster and easier that way. A big triangular chef's knife is the best thing for that. Wash your hands, cutting board and knife.
Now heat a frying pan with a little bland oil in it. Should be hot enough to make water sizzle right away.
Pick the strips up with two forks and place the strips in the pan. Best if they do not touch each other. Wash the forks.
Sprinkle all over with garlic powder (not garlic salt, powder) and with black pepper (fresh ground or from the box, doesn't matter). All over, light, even.

Turn the heat down to medium. You don't want the outside to be done when the inside is still raw.

Don't leave the kitchen while this is going on. Don't take a phone call even in the kitchen.

After five minutes, take two clean forks, and turn each strip over. They should still not touch each other. It should look brownish on the bottom but not done.

Again, sprinkle this new side also with garlic powder and black pepper. All-over light, even.

Wait until it's done, then serve hot. Will take about twenty minutes to a half hour.

Some people throw a little water into the pan and cover the pan. The steam will cook it. That's especially useful if the pan isn't very heavy.

Ketchup has sugars and carbs, but hot sauce does not.

Eats fine cold, too.

This works ok under the broiler, too. Put down some tinfoil for easier clean-up.

There are a million ways to season steak, but garlic and black pepper is classic French, and to my mind the best.

You can cut a piece, near the end of the cooking, to see how the inside looks. A very little faint pink is ok, but no bloodiness.

Carefully wash your hands after touching the meat, before you touch anything else in the kitchen. Anything that has touched raw meat must be thought of as poisonous, and washed right away before you forget. Cutting board, knife, all that.

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Dec 31 2013, 8:47 pm
An electric Cuisinart Griddler is a very useful thing for steak, and chicken boneless breasts. It does not work for breasts with the bone in. Costs about a hundred dollars.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Dec 31 2013, 8:54 pm
If you're trying steak for the first time, go with skirt steak.

Skirt Steak
Wash skirt steak very well to remove some of the saltiness. Pat dry.
Heat a large dry skillet over medium heat. When you feel the heat rising from the pan, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Cut the steak as necessary to fit into the pan. Sear skirt steak 7 minutes, then flip and finish cooking 5 minutes (well done), in batches as necessary. Transfer steak to cutting board and let rest 5 minutes.
Slice steak on slight diagonal, across the grain, in ¼ inch slices.
Serve over salad.

So delicious! No seasonings on steak necessary.

http://www.joyofkosher.com/rec.....alad/

After you try this, you can move on to thin cut rib steaks which takes just a bit more skill.

Rib Steak with Pesto Inspired Parsley Sauce
• 1/4 cup canola olive oil + 1 tablespoon, divided
• 1 1/4 cups lightly packed fresh parsley leaves (one 30 gram pre-checked package, leaves only)
• 2 small garlic cloves
• 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt + more for sprinkling
• 4 pieces thin rib steak, 1/3-inch thick (2 pounds total)

Prepare the sauce; pulse parsley, garlic, and salt in food processor. Slowly add 1/4 cup of olive oil while machine is running. Set aside. (Use the shimmering oil/garlic for the pesto, so that the garlic is cooked before you start.)
Rinse steak and dry well. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
Preheat a heavy skillet on medium-high until you can feel the heat rising off of it about 8" above the surface. This may take time.
Once skillet is heated through, lightly grease with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Place rib steak in pan, working in batches as necessary. Do not overcrowd the pan. For well-done meat, wait until the sides of steak brown all the way up - about 5-8 minutes. Flip over, and finish cooking on the other side - about 3-5 minutes. For medium, wait until the sides of the steak brown halfway up - about 3-5 minutes. Flip it over and finish cooking for another 3 minutes.
Spread a thin layer of parsley sauce over each rib steak; serve immediately, with remaining sauce on the side.
(If working in batches, immediately wrap seared steak tightly in silver foil, while the next batch of steaks is being seared.)

And once you're comfortable with these, we can recommend more ideas Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics