Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Finding a toy designer/Manufacturer to make my prototype

amother

Post Fri, Jan 03 2014, 3:53 pm
So, as an ancillary to my current business, I would like to manufacture a particular toy - I have the specifics and the technology it's a spin off of - I need to find someone who designs toy prototypes. If you look online, there are so many, it's hard to figure out whom to trust.
Does anyone have any experience with toy manufacturers or prototype designers (or is in the business) and can give me a heads up on where to get started?
Thanks!

amother

Post Sat, Jan 04 2014, 11:14 pm
Wow, 108 views and not a single reply? Anyone?
I guess I'll have to post the results of my research since I seem to not be the only one interested.

greenfire

Post Sat, Jan 04 2014, 11:15 pm
ask a patent attorney

seeker

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 12:39 am
108 views because we're all curious to "meet" a toy designer LOL
Seriously, though, this isn't such a typical question that you'll find many answers to here. Why not call up other start-up toy companies and ask who they used and whether they were happy? Many toys have the company's contact info on the packaging...

amother

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 1:59 am
I dont really know about toys but I know there is a toy show at he Javitz in Manhattan. I dont know where you live but maybe you could get into there and talk to someone.
Just be very careful who you deal with because there are a lot of dishonest people out there.
I manufacture clothing so I know I have met my fair share of dishonest people.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 2:07 am
Try getting in touch with the toy manufacturers like Mitzvah Kinder or Mitzvah family. They were written up in the Ami. I'm sure they have the info.
You can also reach out to Toys4u or Toys 2 discover. Both are huge toy retailers in Brooklyn and both manufacture their own products as well.

JollyMommy

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 2:34 am
go to the 2014 Toy Show and hook up with a manufacturer there.

Also go on LinkedIn and join a Toy Group, ask this question there.

Good luck!

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 2:04 am
does anyone have any more info on toy manufacturing?

seeker

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 9:44 pm
Hey, it's three years later! OP, did you make your toy? Would love an update!

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 10:49 pm
DS#1 does 3D modeling and printing — which is an excellent way to make a prototype. Here is an article about his 3D printed Mishkan with lots of pics: http://www.baltimorejewishlife.....71249

He modeled everything except the Kohen Gadol (which he comissioned) and the keruvim (which I modeled under his direction). You can pm me with your contact info if you want him to call you.

seeker

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 11:11 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
DS#1 does 3D modeling and printing — which is an excellent way to make a prototype. Here is an article about his 3D printed Mishkan with lots of pics: http://www.baltimorejewishlife.....71249

He modeled everything except the Kohen Gadol (which he comissioned) and the keruvim (which I modeled under his direction). You can pm me with your contact info if you want him to call you.

Wow! You must be so proud of that DS. That is so awesome.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 11:34 pm
Very Happy

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 2:03 am
Rubber Ducky wrote:

Thanks so much for that info!

That 3D model of the Mishkans is awesome!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics