Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
SHAITEL shopping in ISRAEL-which one?
1  2  3  Next

Liebs

Post Sat, Jan 04 2014, 12:32 pm
I am looking to buy a new shaitel in the $1500-$2000 range.

I haven't bought a shaitel in about 8 years. I have no idea what names today are good. I was always happy with my SHevy but I heard it is not what it used to be.

What are good shaitels and shaitel machers who stand behind it and cut well in ISRAEL?

I've heard of-
Sara Baila
Chana Elbaz
Anat
Miri Kopolovich
Shevy
Sara First
Sheva Shapira...

Any info on any of above or if you have somebody else who is great at it.
Thanks so much.

southernima

Post Sat, Jan 04 2014, 12:44 pm
Just so you know shevy is a FORTUNE now and their customer service SUCKS. I had horrible experience with them and for service like that they are way over prices. I bought 2 wigs averaging around 4K EACH (one a little less and one a little more). My advice - save your money and look elsewhere.

I have heard sinaya is amazing. I am planning getting a sinaya for my next wig.

Liebs

Post Sat, Jan 04 2014, 12:58 pm
what is sinaya? where..prices..reviews?
TIA!

southernima

Post Sat, Jan 04 2014, 1:02 pm
Liebs wrote:
what is sinaya? where..prices..reviews?
TIA!

Hey! I PMed you. Sinaya is a woman who makes her own wigs. I have always heard of her as the "Shevy of Israel." There are some reviews on this site of her wigs I think. In the US her wigs are more in the 3K range, but in Israel I think they are more in the 2K range.

My friend has a gorgeous sinaya thats soft and silky.

werty

Post Sat, Jan 04 2014, 1:27 pm
I like my Breindy from Israel b"H.
and I like most breindys I see. I think she's from Yerushalayim.
It costed about 3K

shabri

Post Sat, Jan 04 2014, 11:33 pm
I love my Ita Keresanti. I have a switchtop which was about $2000 3 years ago. I think she has full sheitels and falls which are less expensive.

I get compliments on my 3 yr old sheitel all the time. I love that I can wash it myself and let it air dry (I have a wavy one.

Ita has incredible customer service. I went back to her a few times and she never charged me for anything.

Liebs

Post Sat, Jan 04 2014, 11:40 pm
Never heard of this Ita...what does a switch top mean?
Is Ita herself the shaitel macher? Any contact info in Israel.
I want to go look around. I figured will go to 2-3 places before I make a final decision. I'd like to buy one now so by Pesach will have worn it a bit and get it down pat...
Thanks e/o for your replies....
Anyone else with more info on shaitel shoppingn in ISRAEL???
TIA

write on

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 2:08 am
I have a Sinaya--her sheitels are beautiful and well made and she can make you something almost on the spot because she does it in her own salon. She is super accommodating. I don't know about her cutting. Sara Baila is considered a very good cutter. Actually, from what I've heard, Sinaya is now selling through Sara Baila so you don't pay any more for going through SB and you can get the cut from her, included.

Liebs

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 4:52 am
That sounds great.
Are you sure SB doesn't charge more for it? Also does she stand behind it as much as SInaya does?
Cuz I'd like to cut by SB, I heard she is good.

But question about SB-- I heard she cuts nicely for your face, but is she trendy and up to date? I don't want super long but I do want an updated look.

sara_s

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 4:54 am
Ita Karsenti (in Givat Shmuel) both makes and sells/cuts her own shaitels. She is know for her switchtops.
Miri Kopelovitch makes shaitels, you can buy either directly from her (in Arzei Habits) or from many shaitel machers who sell her wigs. She is known for her curly/wavy wigs.
AFAIK Sinaya is a relatively new player on the scene( based in RBS I think?)

I also want to buy a new shaitel and am so confused.

WeAreOne

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 5:03 am
I have shaitels both from Sinaya and Ita Karsenti.

The shaitel from Sinaya is over 7 years old. Wore it daily for a few years. I was very happy with her. Bought it when Sinaya was still in Beitar.

I am now wearing the Ita Karsenti shaitel daily. Am very happy with it. Great cut/quality and customer service.

AlwaysThinking

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 5:24 am
I have a Breindy K. and a Miri K., bought two years ago. Both fantastic, great quality wigs. I think Breindy's medium length ones are about $2,500 now. They both look like new, and I wear the Miri K. one every day. It's particularly soft too...

sara_s

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 7:16 am
Riff wrote:
I have a Breindy K. and a Miri K., bought two years ago. Both fantastic, great quality wigs. I think Breindy's medium length ones are about $2,500 now. They both look like new, and I wear the Miri K. one every day. It's particularly soft too...

Riff did you buy them directly from them or from a shaitel macher? and if so which one? Who cut them for you?

AlwaysThinking

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 7:23 am
From a sheitel macher (she cut them too) but she went back to the US Sad

shabri

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 7:55 am
It's Keresanti is a sheitel macher who sells her own line. A switch top is basically a 3 in 1 sheitel. The basic piece is a hat fall and then you snap in a piece to make it a headband fall or a different piece to make a full sheitel.

She also sells full wigs and falls.

She is located in givat Shaul. Her website is itawigs.com (I think)

5*Mom

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 9:16 am
Ahuva Rubin makes gorgeous custom sheitels that hold up beautifully for years, at more affordable prices. I honestly don't know why anyone is paying these outrageous prices when Ahuva's wigs are as nice, if not nicer, than these other *big name* sheitels. And I am picky about my sheitels.

freidasima

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 10:05 am
Is Ita Karsenti custom? How much does she charge for these switch tops?
I'm used to Royal custom and I usually don't pay more than NIS 2500 shekel, the band falls I use are only around 1800 shekel....

chocmom

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 10:09 am
5*mom, how much does Ahuva Rubin charge? and what kind of hair does she use? Thanks

sara_s

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 10:39 am
Last time I checked Miri K wigs cost 6000-9000 NIS and Ita Karsenti 10000-12000 NIS.

I'm interested in hearing about Ahuvas sheitels! Is she good with curly hair? Does Sara Baila sell her shaitels too?

5*Mom

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 11:24 am
I bought my shaitel from Ahuva Rubin a bit over 3 years ago for $1400. I'm sure her prices have gone up since then, as everything has, but I'll eat my wig if they are anywhere near $2500-$3000 Wink. She uses unprocessed European hair, IIRC. This is my most comfortable shaitel EVA and I am super-sensitive, stays put and headache-free without clips or a band (!). I haven't lost a hair yet and I always get compliments. She does beautiful curlies! She can sometimes be hard to reach but it is definitely worth a bit of persistence to look into this. Her pieces are really really beautiful and she's a pleasure.

ETA: Ahuva's in RBS; you buy directly from her.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels