Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
SHAITEL shopping in ISRAEL-which one?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

sara_s

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 2:43 pm
I'm curious what Ahuva charges now. Miri K also charged 1500 dollars 3 years ago, prices seem to have gone up like crazy!

freidasima

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 2:51 pm
TEN THOUSAND SHEKEL FOR A SHEITL????

Are they CRAZY?? Is it made of gold?

I can get four maybe five sheitls for that price from my store, all good European hair, wear well, comfortable and gorgeous. Why in the world would someone pay those prices?

Success10

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 2:57 pm
Totally hijacking here, but I'm selling my lightly used Shevy, shoulder length, dark brown, great color, great bounce, 1,200 shekels, negotiable.

sara_s

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 3:15 pm
freidasima wrote:
TEN THOUSAND SHEKEL FOR A SHEITL????

Are they CRAZY?? Is it made of gold?

I can get four maybe five sheitls for that price from my store, all good European hair, wear well, comfortable and gorgeous. Why in the world would someone pay those prices?

What store are you talking about?
Are they non processed hair? And with waves/curled? And past shoulder length?

5*Mom

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 3:43 pm
sara_s wrote:
I'm curious what Ahuva charges now. Miri K also charged 1500 dollars 3 years ago, prices seem to have gone up like crazy!

Just call her up and ask.

shabri

Post Mon, Jan 06 2014, 2:06 am
sara_s wrote:
Last time I checked Miri K wigs cost 6000-9000 NIS and Ita Karsenti 10000-12000 NIS.

I'm interested in hearing about Ahuvas sheitels! Is she good with curly hair? Does Sara Baila sell her shaitels too?

Are you sure about that? I paid under 7,000 shekel for my Ita K. almost 3 years ago. I'd be shocked if her prices went up that much that quickly. If so I'm lucky it's an amazing sheitel since it looks like I won't be getting another one anytime soon.

freidasima

Post Mon, Jan 06 2014, 2:30 am
Sara-s I buy Royal Custom for years. A friend of mine in Tel Aviv wears them and years ago she took me to their store in Bnai Brak when I was down there on a visit, and I love their sheitls.
They have full sheitls, band falls, and I have no idea whether they are processed or not nor do I care, they look gorgeous. They are below shoulder, actually far below shoulder (I have mine cut to slightly below), you can get waves, straight, and while the band falls are 3/4 cap and tied in with no part obviously, my full sheitls are skintop, multi directional and terrific. I wear them daily and wash them at home about once a month and style t hem myself. From years of experience with them they last about 2-3 years wearing them full time, 12 or more hours a day, 6 days a week (I have shabbos sheitls). When the ends split I have them cut a bit shorter and ends curled and they keep on going. I need to bleach them after about a year as they get too light for my taste and that too is no problem, I've learned to do that at home and they are good for about two bleachings, which means three years wear.

They are not "custom" in the sense of they come out of a box, they are not made to fit one's head. I had one like that and did not find it any better than from a box.

5*Mom

Post Mon, Jan 06 2014, 8:03 am
freidasima wrote:
Sara-s I buy Royal Custom for years. A friend of mine in Tel Aviv wears them and years ago she took me to their store in Bnai Brak when I was down there on a visit, and I love their sheitls.
They have full sheitls, band falls, and I have no idea whether they are processed or not nor do I care, they look gorgeous. They are below shoulder, actually far below shoulder (I have mine cut to slightly below), you can get waves, straight, and while the band falls are 3/4 cap and tied in with no part obviously, my full sheitls are skintop, multi directional and terrific. I wear them daily and wash them at home about once a month and style t hem myself. From years of experience with them they last about 2-3 years wearing them full time, 12 or more hours a day, 6 days a week (I have shabbos sheitls). When the ends split I have them cut a bit shorter and ends curled and they keep on going. I need to bleach them after about a year as they get too light for my taste and that too is no problem, I've learned to do that at home and they are good for about two bleachings, which means three years wear.

They are not "custom" in the sense of they come out of a box, they are not made to fit one's head.
I had one like that and did not find it any better than from a box.

There's some pretty significant differences right there.

Admittedly, I do not wear my sheitels quite as hard as you do but I expect to get a good 8-10 years out of mine.

My color hasn't lightened a bit in these 3 years. Now, I will also admit that this is rare. Many if not most sheitels do, but the Ahuva I have now just hasn't. So it's possible and it doesn't have to cost you extra.

As for custom, I can only wear a custom sheitel. I get horrible headaches from an ill-fitting sheitel and I have a funny head. Of course, not every custom sheitel is created equal. Mazal has a lot to do with it, in addition to the skill of the sheitel macher. I've had customs before and I am happiest with my current sheitel. As I mentioned, I don't wear clips or a band and it stays put, headache free. But some people find out-of-the-box just as comfortable for their head, in which case I'd definitely say buy out of the box.

sara_s

Post Mon, Jan 06 2014, 8:14 am
shabri wrote:
Are you sure about that? I paid under 7,000 shekel for my Ita K. almost 3 years ago. I'd be shocked if her prices went up that much that quickly. If so I'm lucky it's an amazing sheitel since it looks like I won't be getting another one anytime soon.

Yeah I went to see and those were her prices. Her old non switchtops were on "sale" for 7000

freidasima

Post Mon, Jan 06 2014, 4:16 pm
Mom*5 - are you talking about wearing a sheitl day in day out for 10 years? I would go out of my mind. After so many washings and being outside in the sun of course the color lightens, particularly when you are my color which is a kind of reddish brown. When I was younger I wore darker sheitls and they never lightened but this kind does, and it turns more blond which is definitely not my color and I have to dye in some darker brownish reddish stripes to make it back to "normal".

But don't you want to change styles after so long? Sometimes I want longer, sometimes shorter, and with age I want a different style - for years I wore a side part and now I want the band-fall look with bangs, I always wear a band, not only am I now "yotzei" with a double covering for those who say one must have something additional with a sheitl, but it also keeps the hair away from my face which I can't stand other than bangs, I didn't feel like that years ago, didn't mind it in my eyes but today? Never...

I don't know. I understand women who get headaches from "in the box" but what I have found is that even with boxed sheitls, I need them wider so first thing I do is cut off the tapes on the sides and then I have been known to cut into the last row of hair and just cut it off, doesn't do anything bad to the sheitl and makes it fit better. I do not mind a clip on each side particularly as I have a lot of my own hair underneath in a pony tail put up, but I just couldn't see paying ten thousand shekel for a sheitl...or for anything other than a second hand car when you come to it...but who knows, maybe one day..

freidasima

Post Mon, Jan 06 2014, 4:21 pm
Here is a link to the stuff I wear:
http://www.royalwigs.com/%D7%9.....D7%AA

look for superfall (regular, not XL) and royalty regular (not XL)

sofpink

Post Sat, Jan 11 2014, 2:16 pm
I'm also on the search for a new shaitel, I don't have a car and can't afford the shleping from home (Raanana to Jerusalem or RBS) to have wig appointments and try outs. Have anyone heard of Rivka Zahavi and Narda? How good is their customer service and hair? I'm in the budget can't pay more than $1600.

Liebs

Post Thu, Feb 20 2014, 5:50 am
What's the difference between Anat Price and Sinaya?
I know big price difference...but is the Anat as good as Sinaya?
Is it worth the extra $900 to upgrade to Sinaya?
I buy once every 8-10 years...

ice coffee

Post Thu, Feb 20 2014, 12:03 pm
Anyone have a Chana elboz? Do u know if she stands by her product?

Liebs

Post Thu, Feb 20 2014, 12:30 pm
Chana's are great. The reason why I'm not getting one is because I like sleek, her's are unprocessed and tend to be a bit frizzy. Better for wavy look....but e/o is happy with them. Just not what I want.

ice coffee

Post Thu, Feb 20 2014, 1:27 pm
I also don't want frizzy. Does anat treat the hair? How does that affect the quality? Is untreated hair generally frizzy?

Mother 4

Post Thu, Feb 20 2014, 1:35 pm
Sheva Shapira has great sheitels, and her cuts are fantastic

Jewishmom8

Post Thu, Feb 20 2014, 1:48 pm
I love my shietal I got from Ahuva rubin also. She has amazing service. And is such a pleasure to deal with.
She is also very very honest and will stand by everything she sells.

Ariella28

Post Thu, Feb 20 2014, 4:21 pm
Breindy Kaminer and Ita Fischer have gone up ridiculous in price!! I was just at both of them and they both want over 10,000 NIS!!! and on top of that Beindy is going up in price next week!!! makes me nauseous just to think of it!! I have heard very good things about Michal Rosenbaum of Sterna and Miri Kopolovitz and I dont think these are so outrageously priced.

Liebs

Post Fri, Feb 21 2014, 9:03 am
Mother 4 wrote:
Sheva Shapira has great sheitels, and her cuts are fantastic

what are her prices?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels