Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Double stroller and lots of steps

alwaybhappy

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 11:55 am
I have a citymini double and this is the 2nd time in 2 yrs that it is breaking. I go up and down alot of steps with it and that's for sure what is breaking it-with all the weight... (the first time the plastic sides started splitting and they sent me a new frame and now the middle metal bar just snapped!)

I still need a double, what is my best option?
Should I get another city mini? is there another stroller that is easy to push uphill, carries the kids weights, and is lightweight so I can bump on steps?

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Gerty

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 1:04 pm
I have a Mountain Buggy Duet (got it about 9 months ago) that I love! We bump it up and down stairs daily and it pushes very well. I refer to it as my car!

I'm not sure if it would be heavier than the CitiMini, but I think that air tires are the key to an easy-to-bump carriage, so it wouldn't have to be the MB per se, but any air-tire carriage.

HTH.

Queen18

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 1:07 pm
What about the Valco Snap or Zee? They are both light weight and have air tire options.

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 3:02 pm
get the largest air tires you can.

I actually find heavier strollers are better for steps, as long as the large air tires are there. I used to bump my double up and down steps on a regular basis (though it was a set of five steps, not more) and found that the lighter strollers I had didn't compare. I had a double instep safari. I currently have the single, which is heavier than the old double model. I bump it up and down large flights of steps if necessary. the large tires make it feel like a small bump rather than a step. it's not effortless, but it's pretty easy, all things considered.

Emotional

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 3:10 pm
What I would personally find useful would be - if someone would invent it - some sort of portable ramp that you can unfold, lay over the steps, wheel your stroller, fold it back up, (and put it where? Dunno.) And voila!!

spring13

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 3:36 pm
Try a Phil and Teds. Narrow, so stairways and general lack of space are easier. Air tires are the bomb. That or a Mountain Buggy would get my vote. How old/heavy are your kids?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics