Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Shtissel & Other Israeli Shows
Previous  1  2

cb

Post Sat, Feb 08 2014, 10:45 pm
where can one watch Merchak Negia? on youtube see only 1st part?

amother

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 12:38 pm
jross214 wrote:
http://shtisel.co.il/?page_id=68

This link doesn't work.

I only watched the first two episodes on youtube. Can anyone post a link to the rest?

cb

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 1:40 pm
You know the feeling that oncertain you start a movie you want to see the rest. Well I started with Merchak Negia and only saw first part. Want to see rest. Where did you see it? Link?

sara_s

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 1:52 pm
The site that had shtissel was taken down :-(
And I can't find it on mako.

Does anyone have a different link for shtissel? I'm halfway through it..

rivkie123

Post Thu, Feb 20 2014, 3:29 am
If you're still looking for a link to watch the show, here's the one I've been using:
http://www.sdarot.tv/watch/491.....ode/7

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Feb 20 2014, 4:22 am
rivkie123 wrote:
If you're still looking for a link to watch the show, here's the one I've been using:
http://www.sdarot.tv/watch/491.....ode/7
I just tried your link and it didnt work.

rivkie123

Post Thu, Feb 20 2014, 5:33 am
It's a little bit confusing but it does work... You have to select the episode that you want to watch on top and then scroll down. You then have to wait like 20 seconds (there's a little countdown thing) and then 2 more buttons show up and one of them is a green one (that says the episode is ready) and when you click on it, it brings up the video (there is an ad on the video that says "play now" and there's no "x" to close it but if you double click on the video to put it in full screen then it disappears)
I just tried it and episode 7 wasn't working for me but all the other ones were...

sara_s

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 2:10 pm
rivkie123 wrote:
It's a little bit confusing but it does work... You have to select the episode that you want to watch on top and then scroll down. You then have to wait like 20 seconds (there's a little countdown thing) and then 2 more buttons show up and one of them is a green one (that says the episode is ready) and when you click on it, it brings up the video (there is an ad on the video that says "play now" and there's no "x" to close it but if you double click on the video to put it in full screen then it disappears)
I just tried it and episode 7 wasn't working for me but all the other ones were...

Thanks for the detailed response. But the whole site sdarot.tv seems to be down, it says "server not responding" :-(

rivkie123

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 2:51 pm
I just tried it and it worked for me...

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 4:57 pm
sara_s wrote:
Thanks for the detailed response. But the whole site sdarot.tv seems to be down, it says "server not responding" :-(
for me either.

rivkie123

Post Sat, Mar 01 2014, 4:48 pm
thats so strange... it works fine on my computer...

amother

Post Sun, Mar 16 2014, 10:05 pm
I just tried this sdarot to find Mekimi. It seems to find the episodes, and list them, and even makes you wait 20-30 sec to load, but when I try to click on watch it says
לא זמין / Not Available
(That's in firefox, in Explorer I don't even get that far.)
Anyone else tried that?

cb

Post Wed, May 07 2014, 7:38 pm
I heard you can watch the entire movie over here:

http://reshet.tv/Shows/Merhak_Negia_video/

anyone found a place where to see shtisel whole thing?

emunahmother

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 12:01 am
What ever happened with shtisel?
Did it never come back? Will it?

penguin

Post Wed, Dec 10 2014, 9:39 pm
Anyone seen any episodes of season 2?

heidi

Post Wed, Dec 10 2014, 11:42 pm
Heard it's coming back soon with an Arab director. Should be interesting . . .

amother

Post Sat, Jan 10 2015, 9:25 pm
has anyone seen part 4 of his israeli movie, betulot? I only see 1, 2 and 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-9uXox5dxQ

amother

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 5:33 pm
penguin wrote:
I am assuming that they had very good consultants, because most of the material is extremely realistic.

A couple of things, though, struck me as off. But perhaps someone has some insight into these points.

That Akiva and Elisheva are on first-name basis right away? Who, in Meah Shearim, is calling his talmid's mother by her first name (assuming, of course, they were not yet introduced by a shadchan)?

Second, what's up with eating breakfast in PJs? Did they daven kevasikin and then go home & take a nap in PJs? Or does somebody not realize that one is supposed to be davening before breakfast?

Third, do ppl in Meah Shearim really go out when they're engaged? I thought they do like chassidim who meet only a couple of times & don't see each other til the wedding.

4thjust curious as I must have missed something. Akiva's friend who is spying on that woman - is she his mother who gave him up for adoption? Or what?

Most of the material is extremely realistic??
Ok, let me tell you: most of the material is extremely UNREALISTIC!
I'm chassidish, but not as kanai and/or farfrumt as the people in meah shearim are. So I can tell you that many things we (my community) would've never done, for sure it's not done in maeh shearim:
1 Everybody smoking?
2 Walking around in undershirts? Find me ons such family in Meah shearim
3 What is a single bachur doing working all day? Drawing in the zoo??? Everybody would know and he would be called queer and would NEVER have gotten a post in a cheder.
4 Women walking around with uncovered sheitels? I don't understand
5 Dates???
6 Meeting up with the kallah during engagement?
7 The father is meeting the secretary of the cheder for lunch. Female secretary in meah shearim cheder? Isn't this the biggest scandal ever, a widower meeting a strange woman?
8 Elisheva has hair?? LOL
9 The community hasn't heard about Gitty's husband? Such things don't exist. These communities know EVERYTHING about EVERYONE!!
10 Akiva isn't acting like a chassidishe bachur at all! His way of showing his feelings. They are just not lika that...
I could go on and on and on, but the thing that the disturbs me the most: Where is the simchas hachaim that is clearly seen in every religious Jew's life?
They plain don't know anything about our real life.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics