Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Egg-free & Milk-free 15-month

wereafamily

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 1:57 pm
I'm desperately looking for ideas to feed my son - I hate meal time simply because I don't know what to feed him.

For breakfast I would normally feed him oats with cut-up apples and raisins, lunch I'm always stuck, and supper I try to make something that's egg- and milk-free, but when I don't manage to do that I'm stuck again.
I've tried sandwiches but he has a difficult time with them and the only thing I can think of putting in them is peanut butter (he doesn't like Toffuti). hummm what else? I find myself giving him bread and rice-cakes a lot (but that's not very nutritious) or vegetable pouches.

Any ideas? Thanks a lot Smile

smss

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 2:08 pm
is there any way you can consult with a nutritionist? I have a milk-free child and manage pretty easily, but if I couldn't use eggs either I think I'd be really stuck.

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 2:50 pm
Almost all soups, chicken and meat recipes are egg free. Pasta with marinara sauce. Quinoa or rice or kasha with vegetables. Green beans, roasted zucchini spears, sweet potatoes, white potatoes in any form. Dry cereal. Fruits- fresh, and smoothies.

deena19k

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 2:54 pm
My 11 month old dd can't have milk, eggs, or white flour. I make her fleishigs every day for lunch like chicken with potatoes or sweet potatoes, goulash, barley meat soups, even chulent in middle of the week. Suppers are usually vegetable soups. It really does require extra work. The days of giving my kids sandwiches and yoghurts for supper are over.

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 2:58 pm
Oh and if you're looking for convenience, dr praegers makes frozen stuff without eggs or dairy, like fish sticks and spinach bites. You can also buy frozen tabachnik soups.

anonymrs

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 4:32 pm
My 3 yr old is allergic to dairy and eggs (among other things...) This is what she usually eats in a day.

Breakfast:

Apple sauce and cereal
oatmeal

Lunch:

WW bread with pea butter (sometimes with jelly)
wrap with chicken/turkey
pasta with tuna/chicken

Supper:

vegetable soup with shredded chicken
cholent and turkey
chicken and potatoes

Snack is usually fruit, pretzels, or crackers.

oliveoil

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 5:05 pm
ww toast with avocado(cut into pieces if she needs)

baked sweet potato slices/cubes - easy finger food
also zucchini & peppers, baked

Chicken
falafel
baked apple
meat balls

wereafamily

Post Mon, Jan 06 2014, 2:02 pm
Thank you all Smile

Supper time is the only time he is willing to eat fish or chicken, which I why I find lunch time so frustrating. I made a bean soup yesterday which was a great success.

deena19k - Gosh how did you mange? Thanks, I'm going to try bean & barley meat soup!
anonymrs - Thanks, I'm going to try pasta with tuna. How does he eat chicken/turkey wraps?
oliveoil - Thanks, I'm going to try baked apple chips. Falafel is a good idea, any good homemade recipes?
MaBelleVie - Thanks, I like that for emergencies.

Anyone one else?

Thank you so much! I was by a bris yesterday and felt so bad for him, the older he gets the harder it gets Sad

anonymrs

Post Mon, Jan 06 2014, 5:21 pm
I buy the mini whole wheat wraps and just put in plain turkey/chicken, sometimes with ketchup but more often not. It's actually her favorite meal.

Btw, about the bris, most bagels don't have eggs so he can probably eat a plain bagel.

wereafamily

Post Tue, Jan 07 2014, 11:50 am
anonymrs wrote:
I buy the mini whole wheat wraps and just put in plain turkey/chicken, sometimes with ketchup but more often not. It's actually her favorite meal.

Btw, about the bris, most bagels don't have eggs so he can probably eat a plain bagel.

Interesting!

Wow, I never knew that! Last shabbos I accidentally gave him challah that was not egg-free and there was no reaction, don't know what to make out of it.

wereafamily

Post Tue, Jan 07 2014, 11:52 am
I made for supper last night Tuna Noodles Casserole that was egg-free and dairy-free, my son loved it Smile

If anyone is interested in the recipe, let me know.

oliveoil

Post Tue, Jan 07 2014, 1:28 pm
wereafamily wrote:
Interesting!

Wow, I never knew that! Last shabbos I accidentally gave him challah that was not egg-free and there was no reaction, don't know what to make out of it.

Lots of kids are allergic to plain eggs (boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, etc.) but can tolerate it when it's baked in bread/cake etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics