Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
The bachelor
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Talya

Post Thu, Jan 09 2014, 8:29 pm
EmesOrNT wrote:
Because they want to get paid. Abc won't be the only one.

They are getting paid. By the ads we have to watch. I'm guessing they are not cutting back on ads because of this.

gumgum

Post Fri, Jan 10 2014, 9:54 am
vintagebknyc wrote:
you know this is illegal, right?

and who exactly is going to catch me?
if you find it wrong then dont download it.

Rutabaga

Post Fri, Jan 10 2014, 10:19 am
gumgum wrote:
and who exactly is going to catch me?
if you find it wrong then dont download it.

It's a form of stealing, which is one of the 10 commandments. You might not get into legal trouble in this world, but how are you going to defend yourself in the world to come?

amother

Post Fri, Jan 10 2014, 10:47 am
Rutabaga wrote:
It's a form of stealing, which is one of the 10 commandments. You might not get into legal trouble in this world, but how are you going to defend yourself in the world to come?
\

Not OP but

Ethics aside, is this a problem in the world to come? Is that site owned by yiddisha?

Rutabaga

Post Fri, Jan 10 2014, 11:47 am
amother wrote:
\

Not OP but

Ethics aside, is this a problem in the world to come? Is that site owned by yiddisha?

Does it really matter if the companies that own the rights to the videos are owned by Jews (although most of them probably do have Jewish some Jewish ownership)?

There is also the matter of dina d'malchusa dina. If it's against the law then it's against halacha.

amother

Post Fri, Jan 10 2014, 12:06 pm
Rutabaga wrote:
Does it really matter if the companies that own the rights to the videos are owned by Jews (although most of them probably do have Jewish some Jewish ownership)?

There is also the matter of dina d'malchusa dina. If it's against the law then it's against halacha.

I am the amother you quoted:

Actually you are right, I just remembered that it is indeed problematic. Only time it might not be a problem is when your'e not at fault, say the store mistakenly did not charge you for an item. But to actually steal while being aware IS not okay. Yidden or not.

vintagebknyc

Post Fri, Jan 10 2014, 12:28 pm
brilliant, really. I tell you that you're stealing, and your excuse is a: who will know? (well, I will. and the board will. hashem will, but whatever, it's your relationship with him.) and b: it might not count because he (am assuming "he" is ABC, so it should be "they," so hundreds of thousands of people) might not be jewish.

that's some curious reasoning.

Talya

Post Fri, Jan 10 2014, 1:37 pm
I caved and bought it on Amazon. Buncha dumb bimbos this season.

gumgum

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 10:02 am
stop with your musar shmoozes everyone.
I am not getting an avaira for downloading from utorrent.
now go and find something else to give musar about that actually deserves musar.

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 10:54 am
gumgum wrote:
stop with your musar shmoozes everyone.
I am not getting an avaira for downloading from utorrent.
now go and find something else to give musar about that actually deserves musar.

You are wrong, but you just don't want to acknowledge it. I've said my piece and I won't push it any more because you obviously don't want to listen.

Just don't suggest that other people do what you do as if there isn't a problem.

vintagebknyc

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 10:59 am
I will reply the way so many others do when voicing opinions on things on other boards

a: this stuff? is supposed to be a frum women's bulletin board

b: isn't calling one of them a bimbo lashon hara?

wereafamily

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 11:06 am
Talya wrote:
They are getting paid. By the ads we have to watch. I'm guessing they are not cutting back on ads because of this.

Yes, that's what I thought!

amother

Post Tue, Jan 14 2014, 11:52 am
Okay, I just checked out one episode of the bachelor since this got me curious. It is the strangest most inane tv show.

pickle321

Post Tue, Jan 14 2014, 12:04 pm
some people would say watching the bachelor is assur too...not sure why OP is posting her question on a frum blog rather than doing a google search

amother

Post Sun, Feb 23 2014, 10:26 pm
So what doyou guys say to this season so far?

amother

Post Sun, Feb 23 2014, 10:34 pm
So I love it! so much action .... M just nervous if he'll end up proposing to anyone.. Watcha think>??

welcome home

Post Sun, Feb 23 2014, 10:45 pm
amother wrote:
So what doyou guys say to this season so far?

I have mixed feelings about this show. Juan has a daughter but some of the women on the show are really not ready/cut out to be a mom (ie Nikki). I was really happy when Sharleen decided to leave since she made it very clear from the start that she didnt want to have children. I hated what happened with Claire and how Juan treated her afterwards so I cant see them being together for too long. I really like Renee but I dont think that Juan is good enough for her since he comes across as a fake player and Renee (and her son) deserve better. That leaves Andi but she is a strong woman and Juan has liked it when the women were needy and unsure of themselves so I doubt that they would last very long either. So overall, I dont think Juan will end up with the woman he chooses for too long. Overall, I had a hard time watching this season since I couldnt really stand Juan and I hope that they choose someone better next time around.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Feb 23 2014, 11:58 pm
Talya wrote:
I caved and bought it on Amazon. Buncha dumb bimbos this season.

I think Juan Pablo is stupid.

Last edited by amother on Sat, Jan 16 2016, 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

gumgum

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 1:00 pm
anyone into spoilers?
if not dont read the rest of my post.
so I have read online in many places juan chooses nikki at the end BUT DOES NOT PROPOSE.
Somethng will happen and Andi will decide on her own to leave next week.

greenfire

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 1:04 pm
spoiler alerts are written as follows:

Hidden: 

I KNEW I SHOULD NOT HAVE OPENED THIS THREAD !!!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics