Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
P3 Provider Question

amother

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 11:48 am
My child has been receiving P3 for several years. This year my child asked if she can try to do all the work on her own without help. So far my child is doing well b'h. My question is if my child does not use the services this year will my child automatically lose P3 for next year?

amother

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 2:33 pm
in my experience, no

amother

Post Thu, Jan 09 2014, 9:28 pm
DH is a p3 provider. He has seen students lose hours because they didnt use it. You might not lose all services for next year but she will probably get her hours reduced.

seeker

Post Thu, Jan 09 2014, 9:55 pm
Often, the people running the meetings where they assign the services aren't really in touch with the people processing whether services have actually been delivered.

However, if your child is doing well they will certainly question her need for continued services. If you feel that it's important for her to have them next year, you will need some way of supporting your request. In the past, I've had to argue (on my students' behalf) that the only reason they were doing well was because they were receiving much-needed support and it was necessary for the support to continue. Another reason you might be able to argue is if the student is transitioning either from a special program to a more mainstream school, or from elementary to high school, and you have good reason to worry that they will need support to deal with the increased demands.

Why should they approve services for someone who is doing fine without them? There are many children who need it and they don't have a free license to approve unlimited hours for unlimited children.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics