Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Cold/lukewarm chicken dishes

yo'ma

Post Thu, Jan 09 2014, 5:17 pm
Anything besides chicken salad and shnitzel? I actually made shnitzel last week and it was a hit. I breaded and fried it, then to serve it, I cut it into strips on a bed of lettuce and my dd made and poured honey mustard dressing on it.

Last edited by yo'ma on Fri, Jan 10 2014, 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total

greenfire

Post Thu, Jan 09 2014, 6:55 pm
if you can make a brisket ... the thin flat meat ... it slices nice & taste great served with it's gravy - just take out in the am and serve at room temperature for shabbos day

dee's mommy

Post Thu, Jan 09 2014, 7:15 pm
Well, it is kind of like schnitzel, and I like it:

I mix some honey and dijon mustard together, and dip the chicken breast in. Then I dip the chicken into a mixture of cornmeal (could be cornflake or bread crumbs) paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.) Then I bake for about half an hour or so.

I don't flatten or hammer the chicken beforehand.

greenfire

Post Thu, Jan 09 2014, 7:23 pm
oh chicken dishes ... I'm slow

just broil boneless/skinless chicken breasts - with a sprinkle of olive oil, garlic, black pepper, rosemary ... 10 or 15 minutes on each side

great in a sandwich ... or also over salad ... or rolled into a wrap

yo'ma

Post Thu, Jan 09 2014, 7:58 pm
greenfire wrote:
just broil boneless/skinless chicken breasts - with a sprinkle of olive oil, garlic, black pepper, rosemary ... 10 or 15 minutes on each side

great in a sandwich ... or also over salad ... or rolled into a wrap

I actually made that on Tuesday for supper in a salad. Smile

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 09 2014, 9:04 pm
at room temperature:
grilled chicken sliced into strips
chicken pastrami roll ups
poached chicken with pesto
honey nut crusted (turkey) cutlets

abaker

Post Fri, Jan 10 2014, 9:40 am
diced up chicken with mayo/celery/onion (chicken salad) to serve as a sandwich or appetizer in a big slice of iceberg lettuce

or how about cold sesame noodles with red peppers, soy sauce, sesame seeds, snap peas, and chunks of chicken.

or strips of chicken mixed with sundried tomatoes (and a little of the juices) and fennel (sorry dont have an exact recipe but ive had this grilled chicken salad and its really good)

yo'ma

Post Fri, Jan 10 2014, 10:48 am
Thanks everyone. This week I'm doing the chicken pastrami roll up, but it's a long summer Smile , so I'm going to bookmark this thread.

Mrs Bissli

Post Sat, Jan 11 2014, 5:26 pm
You can definitely serve cold sliced roast chicken. We prefer to serve it with harissa.
Ditto for grilled chicken breast, either with coarse black pepper (as in devilled chicken) or with mustard (either Dijon or honey-mustard).

A variation of chicken salad but distinction on its own: coronation chicken. A hint of curry flavoured mayo and apricots. I've posted recipe before, which you should be able to search under my name.

mama says

Post Sat, Jan 11 2014, 11:30 pm
Ra_mom, how do you make honeynut crusted (turkey) cutlets?
tia
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey