Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Chicken cutlets, NOT breaded and NOT fried. Ideas?
1  2  Next

anonymrs

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 5:04 pm
Title says it all. Who can help me out here?

ROFL

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 5:07 pm
I usually put uncooked rice on the bottom , then chicken breast with a duck sauce mustard sauce, an ough water to cover rice and bake covered till done.

yogabird

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 5:07 pm
cube, dredge in flour, brown in oil, pour a mixture of ketchup, apricot jam, honey, balsamic vinegar and garlic ontop, top with sesame seeds

JenniferK

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 5:16 pm
if u have a grill pan, marinate cutlets in olive oil, red wine & minced garloc. Grill.

try the light chicken marsala from the BY cookbook.

doughnut

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 5:17 pm
I like this Curried Honey Mustard recipe from allrecipes.com. I substitute olive oil for the butter.
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/c......aspx

abaker

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 5:25 pm
flatten chicken breasts very thin. mix onion soup mix with mayo (or use dried onion/onion powder/garlic powder instead) coat the chicken with the mayo & spice mixture. put a stalk of broccoli (I use frozen) in the middle and roll the chicken up. secure with a tooth pic. I usually put the pieces in a shallow pan with a little marsala cooking wine (or use a white wine you have open from shabbos or whatever) then cover with foil and bake until cooked through. comes out moist and delicious!

pesek zman

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 5:32 pm
I make chicken Marsala, chicken shawarma, etc

Dolly Welsh

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 5:35 pm
A Cuisinart Griddler does a great job, no work at all, easy clean-up. You will be seasoning them a little, and turning them once or twice perhaps.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 5:40 pm
Is a stir fry ok? Chicken curry? I've made orange chicken in the crock pot which was tasty. You can also do a baked lo mein. Oh and of course fajitas and shredded BBQ chicken sandwiches. Shawarma too.

reportrmom

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 5:44 pm
Smear with teriyaki sauce and put under broiler for a few minutes. yum

Heyaaa

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 5:53 pm
abaker wrote:
flatten chicken breasts very thin. mix onion soup mix with mayo (or use dried onion/onion powder/garlic powder instead) coat the chicken with the mayo & spice mixture. put a stalk of broccoli (I use frozen) in the middle and roll the chicken up. secure with a tooth pic. I usually put the pieces in a shallow pan with a little marsala cooking wine (or use a white wine you have open from shabbos or whatever) then cover with foil and bake until cooked through. comes out moist and delicious!

That's dhs fav chicken. I so it a little differently but I want to try your version.

reportrmom

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 5:56 pm
Here's another idea: Take a roll of prepared kishka. Homemade or bought. slice into longish pieces and roll up in cutlets. secure with toothpick. Pour ducksauce over chicken, cover and bake. This one was a huge hit.

Heyaaa

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 5:58 pm
Smear with duck sauce and mustard. Layer on slice of deli. Role into a pinwheel. Sprinkle with any spices.

Drizzle molasses or date syrup or pomegranate sauce. Sprinkle chili spice, paprika, garlic and onion. Maybe cumin and coriander. Basil too if you'd like.

Esther23

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 6:34 pm
Season with olive oil, crushed garlic, basil (I use dried) and salt. Mix altogether. Better if its marinated first but not a must. Then either stir fry, grill or bake in oven on 350 for 15 min one side, flip over then about 10 minutes the next side. Its very good. All my picky kids love it Smile

tryinghard

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 6:49 pm
mix together apricot jelly, olive oil, crushed garlic, red wine vinegar. sprinkle cutlets with salt and pepper, brush with glaze, bake covered on 400 for 15 minutes, turn them over, brush with remaining glaze and bake covered for 15 minutes, uncover and bake for 5 minutes
Delicious cold or hot!

studying_torah

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 6:54 pm
How do you make lo mein?

TzipporahN

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 7:00 pm
Sprinkle Montreal Seasoning on top and broiled - don't over cook - it's lovely and juicy.

Vanilla

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 10:54 pm
grilled on a George Foreman, served on fresh salad or in pita with chumus and Israeli pickles.

gold21

Post Tue, Jan 14 2014, 4:01 pm
Hawaiian chicken:

Sautée 2 small onions, 2 large green peppers, 3 carrots. Add one can chunk pineapple with juice.

Add 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1/2 cup ketchup, 1 and 1/4 cups water, and a Tablespoon of onion soup mix.

Bring to a boil.

Cook for 5-10 minutes, til everything is soft and looks ready.

Add chicken breast. Cook for 5-10 minutes on low flame, until finished- dont let it cook too long, cuz chicken breast dries out quickly.

Once finished, let the Hawaiian chicken sit and cool off for 15-20 minutes so the chicken really absorbs the flavors.

Serve.

octopus

Post Tue, Jan 14 2014, 4:24 pm
you have a broiler in your oven? spray lightly with olive oil on one side. put onion pwder, garlic pwder, and a touch of pepper. broil on one side for 15 min. flip and oil it and spice it. broil on the uncooked side for 15 minutes. voila. you're done.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey