Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads
Making Challah on Wednesday

tziviakayla

Post Tue, Jan 14 2014, 12:38 am
If I make Challah on Wednesday afternoon/evening will it still taste good by Shabbos? My days are much easier on Wednesday than Thursday or Friday! Any good ways to store the challah? Thank you!

seeker

Post Tue, Jan 14 2014, 1:17 am
Try getting it all ready on Wednesday, but put it in the freezer after you shape it. On Friday, let it defrost on the counter until it's room temperature and risen a little, then brush and put it straight in the oven. Will probably taste fresher than if you bake before freezing.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 14 2014, 1:19 am
as soon as challahs have cooled, wrap well and freeze until friday.
heat before shabbos.
deliciously fresh.

pear

Post Tue, Jan 14 2014, 2:25 am
As ra-mom said, when cooled wrap well (I put in challah bags) and freeze. Friday when defrosted I put in oven for 10 min & they taste delicious fresh. Good luck!

mummy-bh

Post Tue, Jan 14 2014, 4:13 am
Most weeks I bake on Fridays.
I freeze the challas that are to be eaten on shabbos day; I find that they are only very fresh tasting if eaten on the day they're baked.

I make sure they are completely cooled, then pop them in a zip lock bag. Make sure all the air is expelled before sealing the bag.

granolamom

Post Tue, Jan 14 2014, 2:20 pm
In the winter I bake challah on tuesdays. I wrap in foil when cool, then in a ziploc bag (suck all the air out with a straw). I reheat before shabbos in the oven. its pretty good but not the same as in the summer when I have time to bake on friday. freezing on tues is still better than baking on thurs night and leaving out for shabbos.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads